• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

If your bank start chasing you for disputed overdraft following the judgment....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If your bank start chasing you for disputed overdraft following the judgment....

PS (P for Pre not Post in my PS ;-)

quote: Curleyben post

[B]Have you fired off a Prove It to Moorcroft to see if they are actually entitled to collect on this debt ?[/B]

In replying to this simple question I'm afraid I've slightly digressed perhaps; but my grey matter is a bit like sludge at the moment so didn't want to lose the train of thought in case it COULD be of use or relevant??? LOL (stranger things have happened y know... ) So please bear with me and thank you in advance for your patience if any of my questions seem a bit er 'Doh' (or dough...:-) Cheers all. Once again, thank you all for yr ongoing support and commitment and useful info/imput etc...

The bank started chasing me for 'debt' after I stopped my money going into the account cos I couldn't afford to live when they were taking nearly all of my money... can't think off hand the exact date this was but it was after the stay imposed... the DCA has been more recent, I'd say in the last year. The HOME visit (to my knowledge, the first) came approx 4 hours from the supreme courts ruling being announced... ( if that makes sense?)

No, I didn't realise I could or indeed that there was any onus on them to prove it? I suppose the actual £1100 they are chasing, boils down to the original argument about charges and mounting charges upon those charges... from the bank... I say they owe me £5,000 (or more- but my request was for £5100 - of £5164.34 I'd paid in charges from 2001- until the stay in Aug 2007)... They say I owe them (the bank, or Moorcroft now) as the debt was 'sold on' or passed on...) £1100. One thing I've been meaning to ask though, (although I suppose its probably irrelevent now) is, were the banks still allowed to pursue people for money which was disputed owing to the fact that 100% of the 'debt' was attributed to unarranged OD charges and/or unreturned DD etc etc on current accounts? I mean, given that the banks WANTED these claims for charges reimbursed being 'stayed', were they in turn allowed to continue pursuing customers and sending in the 'wolves' (DCA).
    If they were allowed to effectively nail a customers foot to the ground to stop them moving forward, whilst simultaneously unleashing the wolves upon the customer (be it through DCA, threats of court action, threats of further costs being imposed, threats of bailiffs etc etc and indeed, still adding further charges on the charges so that they literally double in a few weeks...) am I missing something or does that seem fair or equitable? And if, like myself, you think the answer is absolutely NOT, then is there anything within the legal parameters that CAN be pursued to move forward for justice? I mean, could this be used as a legitimate example of unfairness maybe under clause 5? Surely but surely, as many people have already said, the banks cannot have it ALL ways?

Cheers all, CatXXX
    Last edited by catinahat; 30th November 2009, 19:03:PM.

Paper clips - the larval stage of coat-hangers!

Comment

Re: If your bank start chasing you for disputed overdraft following the judgment....

Strangley as it seems this is still equitable.

You had issued a claim for collection of charges you considered unfair, they tried to collect the same charges they believed to be fair - equal terms.

The breaches that occurred were a breach of the FSA waiver and also a breach of the, then, banking code (now replaced by BCOBS)
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
        Who exactly came knocking for this ??
        Was it the bank or the DCA as this sounds like a Scotcall job to me.
        PS What's a scottcall JoB? CatX

Comment

to add to (vaguely) Tools' post - despite your feet being nailed to the floor by the stay, you could have kept bugging them and passed it to a claims company or debt collectors (not that it'd have got you very far). The banks feet were also nailed to the floor with the stay and dispute, but they breached it and carried on chasing you, whereas you abided by the stay.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
            Strangley as it seems this is still equitable.

You had issued a claim for collection of charges you considered unfair, they tried to collect the same charges they believed to be fair - equal terms.

The breaches that occurred were a breach of the FSA waiver and also a breach of the, then, banking code (now replaced by BCOBS)
            Whoah! My interpretation of the word 'equitable' is miles wide of the mark!!! Unbelievable!
            Could it not be argued though, that to be completely fair, it follows that:

The same disputed charges should've been subject to the same [I]processe[/I]s or [I]actions[/I] allowed at that time...?
            ie the banks had successfully appealed for all these cases to be 'stayed' until their appeal in Supreme court reached an outcome;
            therefore, any actions initiated by those banks for those same claims should've also been stayed wouldn't you would think...? (The Goose set the tone for both parties and it was good for the goose, so why not the gander...?)
            Or does that seem too ridiculous a suggestion under these 'equitable terms...?' (tongue in cheek like a gobstopper!!! LOL;-) Cat XXX:tinysmile_twink_t2:
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            to add to (vaguely) Tools' post - despite your feet being nailed to the floor by the stay, you could have kept bugging them and passed it to a claims company or debt collectors (not that it'd have got you very far). The banks feet were also nailed to the floor with the stay and dispute, but they breached it and carried on chasing you, whereas you abided by the stay.
            Its my guess Ame, that this kind of breach was widespread too... so could this fact be used by those fighting on, for our behalf? I mean, could it be used to the good of all consumers in any future and/or ongoing legal arguments? CatXXX
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            PS Furthermore, by adhering to the stay, consumers have been adversely affected. Banks have, or will, profit from NOT adhering to it.... and who said crime doesn't pay??? CatXXX
            Last edited by catinahat; 30th November 2009, 19:46:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i need some information about logbook loans.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X