• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Financial Statements - What Are Assets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Statements - What Are Assets

All I have is a life policy and an ISA, both of which are being used to repay mortgage.

I assume these are not taken into account as Assets as I can't cash them in or I will lose my home in 13 years

Should I declare these but add a covering note to explain what they are for.

Thanks

Re: Financial Statements - What Are Assets

You are going to need to elaborate on this before anyone can give you a sensible answer.

Comment

I suspect they need to declare details of their assets to the bank for consideration of a bank charges hardship claim.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        I suspect they need to declare details of their assets to the bank for consideration of a bank charges hardship claim.
        that is correct, if I need to add anything let me know

Comment

Cetelco's your man.

Comment

Hi special, welcome to Beagles.

In order to help you we need a full picture of what you are trying to achieve and what steps you have already taken. Please give a brief run down of your claim so far.
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
              Hi special, welcome to Beagles.

In order to help you we need a full picture of what you are trying to achieve and what steps you have already taken. Please give a brief run down of your claim so far.
              Cheers

My claim has just gone in, I've been given the form to complete to detail my financial position.

I have a large amount of creditors who I am repaying through negotiation with National Debtline, some creditors have reduced payments significantly, some have been less helpful but still stoppting further action if I pay agreed amounts.

I am still finding things incredibly difficult and still end up borrowing money to meet some items of expenditure, the interst rate is 183%!!

I built up £2500 worth of mortgage arrears that got to the critcal stage, however, I managed to repay this with the help of the BS, had I not there is no doubt I would have lost my home.

Comment

Thank you, that is a little clearer.

Ok, first point, which bank have you submitted the hardship claim to and do you still use that as your main account?

Also, if you could complete and then attach a completed I/E Sheet
                detailing any and all income, expenditure, debts then we can try help with each one that will not play ball via the National Debtline. It sounds like you already have made some good steps by negotiating reduced payments with many of your creditors, well done.

Do you still have any priority arrears and from who are you lending at the rate of 183%, is this a doorstep lender such as Provident?

List as much detail (missing out your own personal details such as name address account numbers) as you can, it will help us to help you.

Do not worry if you do not receive an instant response to your posts, sometimes it may take a couple of days, try to be patient.
                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thanks for your help so far, my issue is further complicated as this month my wife has to pay £100 excess for an operation on her leg (her original injury 3 years ago caused her to be off work for 13 months, I had to stop my part-time job) she has been off work again for 4 months and will soon go onto reduced pay again. The NHS ****ed up her operation, we have no way of proving this and tried to get the legal expenses on the house insurance to take this up (they claim that as I was not with them at the time of the original injury they won't take on the case - I am trying to find out who I was insured with at the time).

I am also being hassled by the sherriff officers for an unpaid parking fine £90 (although I continue to dispute this with the council, I fear some form enforcement action will be taken against me).

That is £190 which is not included in our budget.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X