• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What now LLoyds reject Hardship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What now LLoyds reject Hardship

Ok, first applied to Lloyds over a year ago for bank charges to be repaid. Letter in response basically saying join the queue.

Since then I have written 2 letters and included breakdown of outgoings and expenses requesting hardship payment. In arrears mortgage, utilities, no house or contents insurance and 4 children all under 12. They have rejected this twice, both times saying I must await result of test case!

What should I do now? What is next step and can you outline exactly what I should do?

Thank you

Re: What now LLoyds reject Hardship

Lloyds are incredibly hard work with hardship. Next step would be to go to the Financial Ombudsman for help.

Could you post up your IE and your letters written thus far to the bank ? see if theres a reason they are declining you as from what you have said above you should qualify.

Apart from saying no to a refund, did lloyds offer you any other help/support ?

Do you still bank with Lloyds ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have been to the Ombudsmen and have been dealing with them since Feb 09 and they say the same as Lloyds and will not back down saying that I have got to wait for the test case even though I had an eviction notice on my house they were absolutely bloody useless (excuse the french) but they were

Comment

Originally posted by jube123 View Post
        I have been to the Ombudsmen and have been dealing with them since Feb 09 and they say the same as Lloyds and will not back down saying that I have got to wait for the test case even though I had an eviction notice on my house they were absolutely bloody useless (excuse the french) but they were
        FOS were useless or Lloyds?
        Can you explain what your circumstances were at that time?

Comment

Both were I did not get any support from either they both stated I will have to wait for the result of the test case:cry:

Comment

Both were I did not get any support from either they both stated I will have to wait for the result of the test case:cry:
            What was your argument?
            Did you have priority debt arrears(mortgage or rent, council tax, utilities)?
            were you still using the account?
            Were you still incurring charges?
            What lifestyle event caused the charges to incur?

The FOS will look at your argument and their argument and rule on what they have so if you have gone to the FOS simply because they said no and you think they should say yes without arguing the point then it may not get the result you expect but if you can give us some more info we might be able to see if there is a case to answer.

Comment

My argument was I was being evicted from my house Lloyds were taking charges off me so I could not afford my mortgage neither were willing to listen I just got told that I would have to await the test case I could not believe it I was also out of work too
              I do not use the account anymore because it has carried on charging balance now at nearly £900 just there charges alone they are a disgrace and so is the ombudsmen .

Comment

My argument was I was being evicted from my house Lloyds were taking charges off me so I could not afford my mortgage neither were willing to listen I just got told that I would have to await the test case I could not believe it I was also out of work too
                I do not use the account anymore because it has carried on charging balance now at nearly £900 just there charges alone they are a disgrace and so is the ombudsmen .
                So the lloydstsb account was your main account.
                What lifestyle event was the cause of the drop in income?
                What did lloydsTSB offer if anything?
                Was the mortgage arrears the sole priority debt arrears?
                Did you ask your mortgage provider for options as you were struggling to pay it?
                Did you have mortgage PPI? Did you make a claim either on it or even for the mortgage PPI for misselling if it didn't cover you?
                Did you have credit card charges? have you reclaimed them?

Comment

Hi NWSM,

Just an aside.

If you have an OD account, & you've moved banks, but the original bank continue to apply charges (effectively 'charging' you out of their own pocket) , when you reclaim, do they have to pay you those charges as well? (HeHeHe!!)
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                    Hi NWSM,

Just an aside.

If you have an OD account, & you've moved banks, but the original bank continue to apply charges (effectively 'charging' you out of their own pocket) , when you reclaim, do they have to pay you those charges as well? (HeHeHe!!)
                    yes they do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X