• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Helenback v Yorkshire hardship claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helenback v Yorkshire hardship claim

Hi, I did exactly the same at near enough the same time, but after the 1st sod off letter we were in the process of being repossessed so didn't reply. Then obviously didn't think we could do anything more has we had left it a while untill the whole thing became huge with the oft test case etc. Just wondering because I didn't reply am I unable to send a new letter? We have since had more charges etc and are constantly overdrawn suffering sever financial worry to the point we are considering bankruptcy. Any advice would be great ta x
    helen

Re: Tools vs Yorkshire Bank (Joint Account) WON!!!

Hello Helen and welcome to Beagles.
    It sounds as though you do need a little help here, claims are still being put through for people in financial hardship, as are credit card claims.
    Please if you come back either pm one of the team or post a new thread and give us a little more info if you can.
    Enaid x

Comment

Re: Tools vs Yorkshire Bank (Joint Account) WON!!!

I'd just start over with the first letter again - have a look at the hardship forum at some others first letters where they are in financial difficulty too - you might be able to get the bank to help with managing things a little.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Tools vs Yorkshire Bank (2nd Account) WON!!!

Hi
        update for you all, applied through branch manager for charges (unsure how much exactly but last 7 months amounted to 1200 pounds) received numerous letters saying they will get in contact had telephone interview with customer engagment team on Friday told them of outstanding council tax, balliffs knocking at door, rent arrears etc had letter today stating because of nov-march swith transactions to gala and lottery my financial position is sufficient, although they have increased our o/d to £1000 in the last 4 months to help us survive when we've requested help. Have totally lost all will to fight on now we are on the verge of bancruptcy (adviced by the cab) and because my hours have reduced from 30 to 2 our tax credits have reduced by £80.00 a week could quite easily just give up..........
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Originally posted by enaid View Post
        Hello Helen and welcome to Beagles.
        It sounds as though you do need a little help here, claims are still being put through for people in financial hardship, as are credit card claims.
        Please if you come back either pm one of the team or post a new thread and give us a little more info if you can.
        Enaid x
        the last post was done under financial hardship claim but they are saying we aren't suffering, I'd like to know what suffering is to them as we are constantly struggling day to day just to live.
        Last edited by helenback43; 20th October 2009, 16:00:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Re: Tools vs Yorkshire Bank (2nd Account) WON!!!

Originally posted by helenback43 View Post
          Hi
          update for you all, applied through branch manager for charges (unsure how much exactly but last 7 months amounted to 1200 pounds) received numerous letters saying they will get in contact had telephone interview with customer engagment team on Friday told them of outstanding council tax, balliffs knocking at door, rent arrears etc had letter today stating because of nov-march swith transactions to gala and lottery my financial position is sufficient, although they have increased our o/d to £1000 in the last 4 months to help us survive when we've requested help. Have totally lost all will to fight on now we are on the verge of bancruptcy (adviced by the cab) and because my hours have reduced from 30 to 2 our tax credits have reduced by £80.00 a week could quite easily just give up..........
          Don't give up. Can you type up the part of the letter where they explain their reasons for turning you down. Also it would help greatly if you can complete an income expenditure sheet and upload it here or email it to admin@legalbeagles.info - then we can see if you can fight on (if its worth trying further) or if theres other things you can do to try and turn your situation around. Not sure how they can say your position now isnt one of hardship based on transactions made last year, as most peoples hardship has things like that somewhere in the background (and obviously not necessarily cause by that) What debts do you have other than the CT and rent ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Helenback v Yorkshire hardship claim

Do not give up Helen, I have been at the point of bankruptcy a few times this year and with the help and advice of this forum Ive managed to keep it all together, even though I nearly threw in the towel a few times.

As Ame says do an IE form and either post it up here or send it to admin.

Its very stressful trying to sort it all out but once you get going and things start happening you will feel so much better. We wont judge you so dont be afraid to bare all (financially of course lol)

Have you considered CCCS or Payplan for your debts?
            Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
            Me VS Abbey Win
            BIL HSBC Credit Card
            BIL EGG
            BIL HSBC Loan
            BIL PPI Win

Comment

Update- received FOS complaint form through the post and haven't a clue where to start. My financial hardship claim was done through my branch by my manager that I always deal with. It was he who actually made us realise the extent of the charges problem. I have just rung the charges section and spoke to the man who dealt with the claim but when asked for details he gave my different charge amounts to what I was informed two weeks ago and when i questioned it he then gave me another two different amounts. He didn't actually give me any answers in regards to the dates and wouldn't give me the surname of the man who interviewed me for 70mins 2 days before he then was able to conclude no financial difficulty. I feel that I have been mislead in regards to the claim and to the information they needed (they have done it from when we got repossessed in 2007) which should have been from the last 8 months as that is when things have really got bad. I don't know what info to put on form when they won't give me it??? any ideas

Comment

Originally posted by helenback43 View Post
                Update- received FOS complaint form through the post and haven't a clue where to start. My financial hardship claim was done through my branch by my manager that I always deal with. It was he who actually made us realise the extent of the charges problem. I have just rung the charges section and spoke to the man who dealt with the claim but when asked for details he gave my different charge amounts to what I was informed two weeks ago and when i questioned it he then gave me another two different amounts. He didn't actually give me any answers in regards to the dates and wouldn't give me the surname of the man who interviewed me for 70mins 2 days before he then was able to conclude no financial difficulty. I feel that I have been mislead in regards to the claim and to the information they needed (they have done it from when we got repossessed in 2007) which should have been from the last 8 months as that is when things have really got bad. I don't know what info to put on form when they won't give me it??? any ideas
                Don't panic and keep calm.
                I have kinda joined the discussion late but have you got a physical written copy of the charges?
                Can you write out the letter declining the charges so we know what their reasoning is(cos this is where we can contest it with the FOS)?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X