• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

natwest offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• natwest offer

Hi to everyone just registered so hope posting to right forum.

Recieved an offer from the Natwest under the Hardship claim criteria. They said they were keen to

resolve my complaint and are happy to make me an exceptional offer of £4359.00. Which is just under half of the claim I have made, but obviously, exactly what will happen in the test case is dependent on the courts and they can assure me that once the legal proceeding are completed they will apply the findings to my case and ensure that my acceptance of this payment does not prevent me from benefiting. if the legal decision is more advantageouse to me. Hope this is true......... I rang the tel number on the letter and spoke to someone who advised me that if I accepted the amount the money would be paid into my old Natwest account , which I thought was closed, and apparantly the Natwest will only release money to debtors to whom I owe arrears ie mortgage council tax. Is this legal or can I insist that the money be paid into the new account I opened, which I use to pay all my dds and standing orders. Just thought it was my money to do what I want with in the first place?
    I was also informed that any charges incurred when I changed my account to an Advantage Gold account the charges became some kind of payment and were not classed as a charge on this particular type of account, so I would not be able to claim them, as they were not charges?........................ Do you think I should accept this offer ? Sorry for rambling on in my first posting Hope you can give me some advice Thanks Bon

Re: natwest offer

What is the total amount of the claim?
    Does the amount clear the natwest account?
    DOes it clear the priority debt arrears?
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Pardon my manners, a Warm Welcome to Legal Beagles
    Last edited by natweststaffmember; 16th October 2009, 19:46:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks for your warm welcome and quick reply!
      The total amount of claim was just over £8,000

I took out a loan with the with Natwest of around £20,000 and defaulted and was taken to court and ordered to pay £80 per month (which also covers £700 natwest overdraft) so I don't know if any of the money offered could be used to pay off some of the loan as I am not in arrears with the court payments, and I don't owe anything else to the Natwest.

The offer does cover all of my priority debts, with some left over.
      Seem to have rambled on again, even though it's a quick reply lol

Comment

Sounds like a good offer Have they asked you for your priority arrears account details (eg mortgage etc) ? Yes it is a good idea to have them pay direct, only concern would be any left over going to pay off part of the overdraft debt which they have a court judgment and installment order on - so possibly write back accepting the interim offer, state you understand the remainder of your claim and the interest will be looked at again in line with the results of the test case, and that as you have installment order under cjj to repay the natwest debt, and as well as priority arrears you have other debts which the remainder needs to be split proportionally against - and say something like, I can give you these account details and instructions as to whats to go where, or you can send a cheque for the remainder for me to distribute myself.

Advantage Gold fees - no they wouldnt be reclaimable under the UTCCR/test case arguments.... however if you werent aware you had an advantage gold account, possibly were issold it and havent taken advantage of any of the benefits on it, then you could, seperately complain and ask for a refund of those charges.

I assue you have changed your account back to a standard account now?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for your fast reply, very informative. Will let you know what happens.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X