• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another insulting offer from HBOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another insulting offer from HBOS

I am sorry to hear that they are being twunts ((c) Ame or Curly, still subject to legal action)

Glad to hear that Napthalia is helping you too.

Have a read of this posted by EXC, in particular question 370 which reads

Q370 Mr McGovern: On that subject of charges, I have had quite a few constituents come to my local surgeries, very often single mothers who have found themselves in the situation where, for one reason or another, they have missed their direct debit payment and it causes a charge and the knock-on effect is that they then miss another direct debit payment which causes another charge. One particular single mother found herself in the situation where she owed the bank something like £280 and she had never spent a penny of it-it was just charges. Is that justifiable?
    Mr Kane: These circumstances do happen, I absolutely understand. They are relatively limited and I believe that they are to be avoided at all cost. Remember, we are dealing with large numbers of customers so there are processes in place that sometimes work in that fashion; but generally speaking we would not seek to operate in that fashion, we would try to communicate with the individual and try to come to an arrangement.
    Q371 Mr McGovern: If that does not happen I would be entitled to write to the bank and say, "Please scrap this"?
    Mr Kane: I am not going to deny that sometimes circumstances like that do happen; there are cases like that, I agree with you. We do not want those cases to arise if we could possibly avoid them.
    Q372 Mr McGovern: I should say that I am not referring specifically to Lloyds Banking Group.
    Mr Kane: I understand.
    Maybe you could contact Archie Kane direct ? or Napthalia could
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

who's Naphtalia?
      Is no longer here

Comment

The One Show Producer
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X