• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

6+ years claim **** Offer Received ****

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6+ years claim **** Offer Received ****

Well done Archer.

Comment

Re: 6+ years claim ****Waiting For Offer****

Originally posted by archer_66 View Post
      OH MY GOD!!!!
      i have received a great letter today off natwest
      the offer is........(drum roll) £1,304.00!!!!!!!!! yay!!
      enaid you were right as usual!!
      it even saysthat once legal proceedings are complete they will be applied to my case...and essures my acceptance of this payment does not prevent me from benefiting if the legal decision is advantageous to me!!:tinysmile_aha_t:
      i dont think you have a big enough smiley on here for me!!
      thank you all xxx
      Fantastico!! Pleased for ya.

Comment

Congratulations, it's a

Fer me ta xxxxx

Comment

WOW - Well done Archer, fabulous news.

TUTTSI XX

Comment

Great news archer, chuffed for you.

Tanz

Comment

thank you all sorry SM i didnt ,ive had a lot of probs as well as money ones..
              i will now to catch up
              xx

Comment

That's fantastic... just goes to show it PAYS to be persistent and a pest!

And now the waiting begins, for the money to arrive.... I'm still waiting and hope that today's the day....

Comment

well it will be soon ,it looks like they are starting to finally get their act together

Comment

Do catch up, woman!! LOL. her dosh is in the bank, she got it this morning!
                    Is no longer here

Comment

• Re: 6+ years claim **** Offer Received ****

haha having a blonde day or 2!.i realised after i typed the message cos i went to have a look

Comment

well in true natwest style i had a letter off them yesterday saying....
                        my money will be put into my account in 5-7 days.....only problem is .. my account was closed after i put my 2nd claim in and they made my account overdrawn more than £700 just in charges which started off as one charge then they just kept on charging. (i had to move my benefits cos id have had nothing to live on)
                        they also said that they didnt have an up to date signature and that id have to bring ID into the branch with me..
                        i had a feeling something like this would happen
                        i wrote them straight back explaining that the account had been closed after the claim was made, and that this was not acceptable as the money was for a hardship claim and that it was meant for urgent bills , and that i required a cheque.
                        i also said if they wanted as a gesture of good will they could clear the charges due to the hardship claim(cheeky i know!)
                        i also pointed out that i wouldnt know when the money had gone in as i had no documents for the account
                        i said that if they did put it into the account that had been closed i would be reporting them to OFT
                        nothing is ever straightforward with me
                        :tinysmile_cry_t:
                        any thoughts?

Comment

Telephone them 1st thing Monday and explain the situation.
                          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I have a thought. i have had some correspondance with Natwest over the last couple weeks regarding First right of appropriation.

This counts for ANY payments made into the account and overrides their right of offset.

We could do a letter asserting your first right, listing the payments that you NEED that money to go to, and seperately setting up a payment arrangement on the account (nominal until the test case is over to show willing) ?

What do you think? Call Natwest tomorrow see what they say about paying you by cheque in the standard way - if they refuse point blank then ask them what day it will go in and go into the branch with a letter appropriating the money in the afternoon/tuesday.

Will need the list of payments and how they need to be paid.
                            Okay quick go at letter....will need to know exactly what you need paying.

Dear Sir/Madam,

RIGHT OF APPROPRIATION
                            ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

I am writing to inform you that I am due to have a payment of £xxx paid into my account on xx/xx/xx by Natwest, and I wish to use my first right of appropriation for this money, for the following purposes;

LIST OF BILLS THAT NEED PAYING (attach evidences)

The account is closed. I will withdraw the money from the account, over the counter, with identification, on the day that it is deposited. The payment should not be taken to pay off the overdraft on the account, as firstly this amount is in formal dispute, and secondly I am making alternative arrangements with your Collections department.

This is my right under common law, regardless of state of the account. If you have any doubt over my rights please contact your legal team and/or Mike Guest, RBS Group Customer Relations Manager.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

Heres the letter we can quote from from their customer relations manager at RBS group.

Thank you for your further e-mail of 24 March and I will look to answer the further points you have raised.

My earlier e-mail did not state that the first right of appropriation can be used only when the account is not overdrawn. It can be used regardless of state of the account - the only criteria are that the debits to which the appropriated fund is to be applied must be identified and the appropriated fund must be in the account no later than when the debits are presented for payment. Our experience is consistent with your statement that this right is mainly used when the customer is experiencing financial difficulties.

As regards housing benefit/LHA the appropriation can only work if the rent is debited by direct debit or standing order to the account.

You mention the bank 'encashing benefits payments' - we do not cash these cheques or similar orders as they are invariably crossed meaning they must be paid into a bank account. When paying a benefit payment into the bank account the first right of appropriation can be exercised against identified future debits.

As to there being no general discretion to waive bank charges, the terms and conditions of an account do state that charges will be levied if sufficient funds are not available to meet a payment. Having said that, my earlier e-mail did say that our policies, developed with the Banking Code in mind, do look to provide support to our customers. Each case will be looked at sympathetically and individual circumstances taken into account. Consideration will be given to waiving fees to help the customer but we do need customers to be open and honest with us so that we have as full a picture as possible of their circumstances.

Yours sincerely

Mike Guest
                            Manager, Group Customer Relations
                            Last edited by Amethyst; 6th April 2009, 02:36:AM.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thanks Ame . i will phone them at 8 to see if theyre open. if not then ill call afterwards .
                              i did give them a list of bills on which they granted the hardship claim.
                              the water is £550, council tax £501 and the rest of the money which is £253 is for the rent. the only problem is i cannot find any recent correspondence for the rent,i did try and theres nothing. im scared about phoning them to get a statement in case it reminds them i owe it!! i know it sounds silly.
                              ill phone the lady named on the letter i received monday. hopefully theyll get the letter today.

Comment

Well see how you go on about getting a cheque first, then if it's a no, it can be sorted.
                                Do you not have a rent card as such? this should show whats owing.
                                If its an old statement then use that and add any proof of what you have paid up to date they should be able to see from that you are owing for your rent.
                                In any case you have been granted the money now and for hardship.
                                They can't take it to pay your overdraft off on a disputed account.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X