• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax Hardship For Gobby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax Hardship For Gobby

Hi Guys

Long story short.........I got in touch with payplan and was advised to do an I.E and send it to all my unsecured creditors with a pro rata offer of £1 a month.......Have done that and am waiting for responses.............However I now have charges mounting with Halifax current account and am £600 over my OD limit mostly charges.......Have had several charges in last 12 months which probably amounts to over a £1000 so I want to do a Hadship claim as it will go some way to offset my OD with them.
    I only had £85 a week gonig into account and they gave me a £2500 OD and a credit card with £5250 limit knowing I was on benefits and a student etc etc I was busting a gut paying them and to be honest this month is the first month I have missed a payment but I got sick of borrowing off peter to pay back Paul. I was drawing cash off my credit card when bank charges started mounting so can prove that element of hardship...........So do I just do it the same as any other bank charge claim and list all my charges but with a hardship letter????
    Any help mucho appreciated.
    x

Re: Halifax Hardship For Gobby

Well you know the answer to that one, yes

you also need to send a full income and expenditure sheet - if you have a look in the stickys in this forum there are addresses to write to and links to the IE forms each bank prefer - most use the cfs sheet anyway (linked from I/E sheets at top of forum) and copies of any priority debt arrears. you also need to outline in the letter about how the charges have affected you and keep you in hardship.

Goodness only knows how you got a £2500 overdraft tho - have you spent it all ?

If the charges continue to spiral then consider starting fresh on a new account elsehwere and making an arrangement to repay the OD. I assume the c/card is in with your dmp at payplan ? (reclaiming charges on that too ?)

hardship claims are more a complaint about the bank not treating you properly under the banking code than a legal issue and you are likely to only receive a small portion of the claim back - it really depends on income vs essential expenditure and priority arrears.

The rest will stay on hold until the darn test case is over with.

((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have spent all my OD yes Ame................Bloody useless with cash but hae a big wake up call....I have maxed my credit card out too.....But I have a student account with RBS and its healthy with no charges etc etc...I had the credit so know I need to pay it just needed a breather to get on my feet.....And they keep raising the interest rate too on my credit card so I am only ever making minimum payment every month so the debt never actually comes down.I shall keep you posted..

And part of me is annoyed that they allowed me such a huge OD knowing I had badly conducted the account i the past and had claimed several thousand pounds back in charges already from them so although I accept full responsibiltiy for spending it they should not be giving OD's like that to people who are deemed a credit risk in my honest opinion.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X