• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

me V Nat west (I win bigtime)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me V Nat west (I win bigtime)

Hi

I claimed my bank charges back (march 07) as im self employed tend to have a few as money goes into my account sporadically.
    I then tried to make another claim in dec 07 but was told all claims were on hold till the court case.
    I read on the web that claiming was still possible if 'Hardship' could be proven and being in the removals industry and the market being terrible i was struggling bigtime.
    So i made a claim for hardship with the 'Nat west' for £1500 which was a total guess and about £800 more than i thought it would be but alowed for them to 'make an offer'
    there offer to my suprise was £5900...............i could have fainted and accepted the offer asap.
    It was paid into my account and spent on bills within 24 hrs.
    YAY thank you nat west ;0)

Re: me V Nat west (I win bigtime)

I think you may come unstuck here.

If (when) they discover they've made a mistake in paying you as much as they have they will doubtless want their money back.

So in fact, you may actually find that you have lost big time.

Comment

I agree totally with Amy and would go as far to say it is your duty to let them know that they have overpaid you and offer to pay it back, or it might/will be seen as theft.
      Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

There is always the possibility that Arrowman does in fact have £5900 worth of charges over the last 6 years or so and has just drastically under estimated how many charges there were, I remember when I first claimed OH's charges back a few years ago we thought he would have about £500 worth of charges then when we added them up there was nearly 6k's worth.....
        Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
        Me VS Abbey Win
        BIL HSBC Credit Card
        BIL EGG
        BIL HSBC Loan
        BIL PPI Win

Comment

Arrowman may I suggest that you ask Nat West for a full breakdown of how they came to that figure.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowman100 View Post
            Hi

I claimed my bank charges back (march 07) as im self employed tend to have a few as money goes into my account sporadically.
            I then tried to make another claim in dec 07 but was told all claims were on hold till the court case.
            I read on the web that claiming was still possible if 'Hardship' could be proven and being in the removals industry and the market being terrible i was struggling bigtime.
            So i made a claim for hardship with the 'Nat west' for £1500 which was a total guess and about £800 more than i thought it would be but alowed for them to 'make an offer'
            there offer to my suprise was £5900...............i could have fainted and accepted the offer asap.
            It was paid into my account and spent on bills within 24 hrs.
            YAY thank you nat west ;0)
            Can you explain the process you used?
            What letter you sent and where you sent it to?
            Did you have to complete an income and expenditure form?
            I hope you come back and post some more which will help other posters no end. Nice payout

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X