• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reclaim Bank charges under financial hardship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaim Bank charges under financial hardship

Hi all hope you may be able to help!!!

After many years of paying extreme amounts of bank charges and my mother being made redundant i managed to help my parents make a claim for their bank charges back under financial hardship(HSBC)

After an extensive income and expenditure they have decided that they do meet the critiria for hardship and made an offer but not sure what to do now?

They are owed just under £6000 in charges and the bank have offered a set monthly amount to cover the shortfall in income aprox £400 per month untill my Mother finds another job then nothing after that!??

This will cover the short fall but i feel that they really need the full amount to pay off all the arrears on their mortgage and priority debts so they are then in a better financial situation for the next 2 years till they reach retirement age!

Should i explain this to HSBC or should i continue through the ombudsman??

They did state that this would not be the full and final figure and i would need to apple every 2 months!!

Please please help !!

Many Thanks

Sarah x

Re: Reclaim Bank charges under financial hardship

Originally posted by sarah9900 View Post
    Hi all hope you may be able to help!!!

After many years of paying extreme amounts of bank charges and my mother being made redundant i managed to help my parents make a claim for their bank charges back under financial hardship(HSBC)

After an extensive income and expenditure they have decided that they do meet the critiria for hardship and made an offer but not sure what to do now?

They are owed just under £6000 in charges and the bank have offered a set monthly amount to cover the shortfall in income aprox £400 per month untill my Mother finds another job then nothing after that!??

This will cover the short fall but i feel that they really need the full amount to pay off all the arrears on their mortgage and priority debts so they are then in a better financial situation for the next 2 years till they reach retirement age!

Should i explain this to HSBC or should i continue through the ombudsman??

They did state that this would not be the full and final figure and i would need to apple every 2 months!!

Please please help !!

Many Thanks

Sarah x
    Can you either Scan up the letter taking out personal details or type up the response so we can take a look at the wording?

Comment

I'd accept and send in a new ie sheet bi monthly. HSBC do this as standard so it isnt unusual in that respect.

Whats the position on the arrears on the mortgage and what other priority debts are involved ?

If they have arrangements to pay the arrears off monthly, then is this included in the shortfall and thus the £400 keeps those up to date ?

Can you tell us a bit more about the Income/expenditure and how the £400 defecit has been calculated by HSBC ?

Many thanks and well done for getting to this stage - HSBC arent easy, but other banks won't pay a sausage, so yeyyyy so far.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi There!
        Thank you for your reply!

Well they are 2 months in arrears with their mortgage, but have a repayment plan in place.

2 months in arrears with a secured loan, but also have a repayment plan for this.

The Gas is in arrears and they have a payment plan in place for this.

All these have been included in the income/ expenditure and are included in the short fall.

The HSBC used their own formula to compleate the income and expenditure form. I also live with my parents so does my 11 year old daughter. They made me add my income on to there income/expenditure so we had a combined income.( i have been off work sick for many months so i have no pay now only income is working/ child tax credit. I was asked for information on all priority debts, food, petrol, pets ,social activities, clothes , prescriptions, life insurance, home/ contence cover ect.

The only thing they have not left us with is a small amount for emergancys like our heating system dont work so No hot warter or heating. another cold winter for us this year!!

I have not been so lucky with my reclaim. I have just under £10000,00 in charges devided between Halifax and Abbey. I applied under hardship but was declined as i am not in hardship and was told to go to the CCCS to gain help! But having looked at the income and expenditure from HSBC if they had included half of the thing on there , i would most deffinatly be intitled
        Many Thanks

Sarah x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X