• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** SUCCESS ***Yet more charges - full refund hardship :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yet more charges

So all in all then Moch things are looking up.

Snatchwest have taken a whacking £174 in charges today. Roll on the end of the test case etc so I can put a nice juicy fat claim in. And no, I am not doing it now, because I've already had one lot of charges back, my mortgage and overdraft are with Natwest and I am not doing anything to rock the boat.
    Is no longer here

Comment

I first wrote to them on 17th August about financial hardship, I have just spoken to Natwest and apparently I will have a full and final decision by next Friday (the 9th) just done a quick week count and Monday the 12th will be exactly 8 weeks. The lady on the phone said it takes 5 weeks from when they first write to you, just gone back though my letters and the first one was 11th September, so October 9th is 4 weeks so I bet I don't get anything till the 16th!
      Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
      Me VS Abbey Win
      BIL HSBC Credit Card
      BIL EGG
      BIL HSBC Loan
      BIL PPI Win

Comment

Funny how they string it out for as long as they can. Hardship should have a much quicker turn arround than this. Did you not hear from the CEO, he should have got things moving a lot quicker IMHO. I would be inclined to write again to CEO.

I will keep my fingers crossed that this will be resolved to your satisfaction sooner rather than latter.

Tuttsi xxx

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
        I first wrote to them on 17th August about financial hardship, I have just spoken to Natwest and apparently I will have a full and final decision by next Friday (the 9th) just done a quick week count and Monday the 12th will be exactly 8 weeks. The lady on the phone said it takes 5 weeks from when they first write to you, just gone back though my letters and the first one was 11th September, so October 9th is 4 weeks so I bet I don't get anything till the 16th!

Comment

Letter today from collections (the dudes I sent billions of pages of stuff to)

I refer to recent correspondence in relation to your financial hardship. Your request has been re-assessed and confirmed subject to regular credits to your account as appropriate. This arrangement can continue if required until the result of the office of far trading and UK banks court case outcome is known.

Until the result of the charges case is known we can confirm that no further charges or interest will be applied to your account. Please cancel any direct debits/standing orders that you are unable to meet.

I can confirm today that I have ordered new cash cards for your account.
          In accordance with these arrangements please now return all the service cards that you have in your possession along with any unused cheques. For security purposes please cut the cards in two before posting..blah blah blah

A refund of charges has now been agreed. Upon receipt of the active service cards, an offer letter will be sent from our customer response unit in Edinburgh confirming the amount.

I advise that the refund process can take up to 21 days.

I note that your account is an Advantage Gold which carries a monthly service charge; this can be converted to a standard current account if you are not utilising the benefits attacjed to this type of account. Your account number will remain the same and your new cashcard will continue to work on the converted account.

Yours

Mr Natwest Collections man.

My Hardship Claim
          Me VS Abbey Win
          BIL HSBC Credit Card
          BIL EGG
          BIL HSBC Loan
          BIL PPI Win

Comment

Hey congrats hun, brilliant news, although you will have to wait a tad longer 21 days which is not really right IMHO, but that is NATWEST for you.

Hope when the refund comes it will be sufficient to help you along with no more charges for the forseeable future.

Tuttsi xxx

Letter today from collections (the dudes I sent billions of pages of stuff to)

I refer to recent correspondence in relation to your financial hardship. Your request has been re-assessed and confirmed subject to regular credits to your account as appropriate. This arrangement can continue if required until the result of the office of far trading and UK banks court case outcome is known.

Until the result of the charges case is known we can confirm that no further charges or interest will be applied to your account. Please cancel any direct debits/standing orders that you are unable to meet.

I can confirm today that I have ordered new cash cards for your account.
            In accordance with these arrangements please now return all the service cards that you have in your possession along with any unused cheques. For security purposes please cut the cards in two before posting..blah blah blah

A refund of charges has now been agreed. Upon receipt of the active service cards, an offer letter will be sent from our customer response unit in Edinburgh confirming the amount.

I advise that the refund process can take up to 21 days.

I note that your account is an Advantage Gold which carries a monthly service charge; this can be converted to a standard current account if you are not utilising the benefits attacjed to this type of account. Your account number will remain the same and your new cashcard will continue to work on the converted account.

Yours

Mr Natwest Collections man.

Comment

Thank you Tuttsi x

The lass on the phone did say I would have something in the post on Friday and she was right lol so If they take 3 weeks to pay up from receipt of the cards then it will have taken (from the first letter then sent) 8 weeks to get the charges back.

Will let you know how much they offer. x

My Hardship Claim
              Me VS Abbey Win
              BIL HSBC Credit Card
              BIL EGG
              BIL HSBC Loan
              BIL PPI Win

Comment

[ATTACH]2196[/ATTACH]

Sorry, late as usual!

(The car broke down/bus didn't come/bike got a puncture/me wooden leg fell off/etc).

Just something for you to keep on ice for the big day.

And remember what Oscar said; when you're in the gutter, enjoy looking at the stars. (happens to me most Friday nights!!!!!!)

cnjw
                x
                Last edited by charitynjw; 2nd April 2010, 04:38:AM.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                  They should not have put this to collections when you have submitted a hardship claim.
                  OH got a letter from collections this morning saying account is now with them and to contact them immediately.

Emailing CEO again this morning, hopefully I will get more back than we are looking into it and will contact you soon rubbish.

Wrote to the natwest collections man yesterday telling him to put our account as a basic one, as he suggested in his letter. So much for having to have the gold account for the nastywest loan.

My Hardship Claim
                  Me VS Abbey Win
                  BIL HSBC Credit Card
                  BIL EGG
                  BIL HSBC Loan
                  BIL PPI Win

Comment

If I remember correctly, we got a lower rate on our mrotgage because we'd got A/G. Would that apply to your loan as well?
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Just checked the papers and it doesn't say that anywhere...dunno too long ago to remember.

My Hardship Claim
                      Me VS Abbey Win
                      BIL HSBC Credit Card
                      BIL EGG
                      BIL HSBC Loan
                      BIL PPI Win

Comment

Got this months charges reversed after stomping my feet and shouting loudly in branch and waving the letter (that says they wont charge me anymore) at the branch manager

Cards were chopped up and sent back last Monday but still no letter with an offer.....maybe Im not getting one

My Hardship Claim
                        Me VS Abbey Win
                        BIL HSBC Credit Card
                        BIL EGG
                        BIL HSBC Loan
                        BIL PPI Win

Comment

awwwww Mocha

I am sure you will get one, just that the post is really bad. you can always given them a nudge phone call.

Tuttsi xx

Got this months charges reversed after stomping my feet and shouting loudly in branch and waving the letter (that says they wont charge me anymore) at the branch manager

Cards were chopped up and sent back last Monday but still no letter with an offer.....maybe Im not getting one

Comment

Today I emailed the man from collections and the lady from the hardship office asking if they have sent me an offer? based their email addresses on the firstname.surname@rbs.co.uk

Tried calling earlier this week but lost the will to live after being on hold for 30 mins... must be really busy I go straight through last time I called.

My Hardship Claim
                            Me VS Abbey Win
                            BIL HSBC Credit Card
                            BIL EGG
                            BIL HSBC Loan
                            BIL PPI Win

Comment

Hiya Mocha

Did you ever email the CEO and did you ever get a response. If you have not NOW is the time to do so and complain.

Also, take a look here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=18161 If you have a complaint please let them know so they can at least be reprimanded by the authorities.

There is also a postal strike with millions of letters not getting through - but somehow sadly bad news ie bills etc always get through no problem.

Tuttsi xx

Today I emailed the man from collections and the lady from the hardship office asking if they have sent me an offer? based their email addresses on the firstname.surname@rbs.co.uk

Tried calling earlier this week but lost the will to live after being on hold for 30 mins... must be really busy I go straight through last time I called.

Comment

Today I received a FULL refund plus interest.

My claim was £917
                                I received £1039.

Thank you to every one who helped me and supported me.

My Hardship Claim
                                Me VS Abbey Win
                                BIL HSBC Credit Card
                                BIL EGG
                                BIL HSBC Loan
                                BIL PPI Win

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X