• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank charges with hardship claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank charges with hardship claim

Hello everyone.

I was hoping someone could point in the right direction of starting a new claim against natwest for charges. On old posts i have explained about my natwest account having loads of charges added so we have moved to a different account so our natwest account is no longer in use but more then likely we will still get charges on it.

So what is the best way to go about starting a claim for all charges added so far on to the natwest account please if someone could help.

Just like to add that i think all the help you guys give on here is amazing you are all really kind and helpfull people thankyou very much.

Re: i want to start claim against natwest

There is a step-by-step guide here Legal Beagles which should give you all the information you need in order to begin your claim.

Comment

ok thanks for that. Qwick question i use online banking with natwest and i am able to print off a list myself of all charges i have incurred on the account is that ok to send in a letter requesting them back?

Comment

Yes it is, providing you can print off a full set of your charges.

Comment

Have you checked the link for hardship assistance - have you had a change in circumstance that have caused the charges to escalate?
          "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Question

I have recently recieved statments from the past year and total charges with my natwst acc is £800 +, all the posts i have read about hardship claims on this site are always court based.

Is it possible to get the banks to listen to my case for hardship before i get to the court stage and is it worth starting considering the waver expires soon?

Comment

Re: Question

Originally posted by killersla View Post
              I have recently recieved statments from the past year and total charges with my natwst acc is £800 +, all the posts i have read about hardship claims on this site are always court based.

Is it possible to get the banks to listen to my case for hardship before i get to the court stage and is it worth starting considering the waver expires soon?
              Hardship Claims are not always court based. With NatWest when you send your letter you need to ask that they treat your account as hardship. The bank will assess any income and expenditure form you send with that letter or will send you one in the post. Once the bank has assessed your case they may suspend charges, or make a partial offer if you are in severe hardship, or determine that you are not a hardship claim under their criteria. The bank does not have an obligation to refund under the FSA waiver any bank charges.

Comment

Re: Question

If you check most of the recent successes on here they were done by letters to the banks.

There is not a standard letter but it is best to use links to the new hardship waiver terms .

Give us a shout if you need links.

but best to read through the threads in hardship section.

Keep the letter brief factual and to the point and make it clear why you think your case should be considered.

Post up your letter for advice if you want.

Scooby
                "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Bank charges with hardship claim

Hi all i have recently recieved a list of charges for our old natwest account and i would like to try and claim the charges with hardship as i believe i could have a chance to do this.

The charges are for a current account and the account has now been closed but with money owed for a over draft on it. the debt has been passed to a debt managment team along with all our other debts.

Just need help with the order to do things and what to put really.

Comment

Re: Bank charges with hardship claim

Have a read of this thread

Hardship Cases - NEW CLAIMANTS - Legal Beagles

It should answer some of your questions

PKea

Comment

Here are addresses you wanted

HSBC Address

HSBC Bank Plc
                      Service Management - CRT,
                      Arlington Business Centre,
                      Millshaw Park Lane,
                      Leeds.
                      LSI 1 OPP

Natwest to follow

Comment

ok going to do the hsbc one first im going to draft a letter then post it up here soon if you guys could check it over for me that would be great.

Comment

Of course we will Killer !

We need to get more of these hardship claims underway. We have had a lot of success over the last couple of months. So I woul encourage anyone who has a stayed Bank charges claim and considers that they may be in financial hardship to consider attemtping to get an interim settlement of their claim asap.

Budgie

Comment

Customer Service Response Unit
                            The Cornerstone
                            60 South Gyle Crescent
                            Edinburgh
                            EH12 9WF

Apologies for the lateness. This is the NatWest address.

Comment

hi all ok have drafted a letter this is my first attempt at a hardship letter so some ideads on how to make it better would be great thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X