• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

can you make a hardship claim if? ( 1Sherwood v Lloyds TSB )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: can you make a hardship claim if? ( 1Sherwood v Lloyds TSB )

Hiya Sherwood

Send to Head office

Lloyds TSB plc
    25 Gresham Street
    London
    EC2V 7HN

or to shortcut things

send to

Lloyds TSB plc
    Copy Statement Unit
    Swallow House
    10 Swallow Street
    Birmingham
    B1 2AL

Your letter is fine !!!

Comment

also can you just tell me if this is 100% correct,i send that letter of with a ten pound fee,then can do nothing for 40 days or until they reply,then i come back on here and ask for the next stage?

thank you for all the help btw,very much appreciated

Comment

lol noooooooooooo send that off whenever tmw be good, then come here straightaway and read post #8 - Legal Beagles - View Single Post - can you make a hardship claim if? ( 1Sherwood v Lloyds TSB ) - or do that now and we can start on hardship letter.

SAR letter is just to get things started on the reclaim front.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

lol ok will write letter out tonight
          then i need to change banks ?
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          i'm really sorry,my illness gets me confused and my attention span is very short,so i think its best if i write this letter out tonight and post it then come back on tomorrow.dont want to try your patience
          thanks again see you tomorrow
          Last edited by 1sherwood; 20th August 2008, 17:24:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

okay no problem and don't worry I have the patience of ummmm....dunno actually, but you won't try it anyway. Will help all we can.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sherwood View Post
              lol ok will write letter out tonight
              then i need to change banks ?
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              i'm really sorry,my illness gets me confused and my attention span is very short,so i think its best if i write this letter out tonight and post it then come back on tomorrow.dont want to try your patience
              thanks again see you tomorrow

Hello Sherwood

My husband and I have an overdraft with Nationwide Building Society - we've now stopped using the account and have opened a basic bank account with Natwest, which we actually did online and have contacted child benefit, tax credit, etc etc to have any monies paid into that. It is great to know that we can now actually budget without the unpredictable bank charges and interest.

We're now following the hardship route with the help of the guys and gals on LB which is so much appreciated by us.

HLG43

Comment

Hi Sherwood, welcome to beagles.

please don't worry if all this seems to be in a foriegn languge to start with, trust me you will soon pick it all up and remember NO question is a daft question.

In my opinion my first port of call would be Lloyds Customer Services Center 0845 600 6299.

These are the people that have the power to help you now!! Explain your circumstances and change in income you can follow up with a letter afterwards. Lloyds do seem to be playing a much fairer game right now and should certainly be able to freeze interest on your account and may even be able to block any further charges.
                They may suggest things like downgrading your account, removing cheque book facility etc ... that's all fine. DO NOT however let yourself get talked into a loan.... if that starts to happen ... hang up... we'll deal in writting only.

have a read of a few of the hardship claims in this forum ... it may give you a clearer idea.
                I gotta run for now, but i'll be back in the morning

Comment

Hi sherwood
                  I'm glad you took my advice to come over here, as you can see the guys on here are proactive with their advice and are a really caring, knowledgeable bunch who will help you as much as they are able to.

I was the first to have contact with Joh Bundy at LLoyds and he seems a helpful bloke who will help if he can and he's the first person from LLoyds who has done everything that he said he would.

I will watch you thread with interest.

I can only advise you to listen to these guys and hopefully you will get the help you need from LLoyds

ShooterXX
                  Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Comment

i really am thankful to you all,its very very humbling

today i posted the the letter to swallow house,recorded delivery and postal order for 10 quid.was quite funny in the post office because i lose words when speaking and the post office worker didnt have the patience for me offered me a 10 quid mobile top-up card because i couldnt explain what i wanted 10 quid ..sort of cheque thingy
                    anyways if you could bear with me ,i can only do 1 thing at a time
                    1st thing (letter posted) is done
                    what do i do now? prefarlby avoiding phone calls.but if it has to be that then it has to be that.jeez this is gonna sound so ungrateful but i really really dont mean it to be,could i please just take the advice of 1 person amethyst if at all possible so i can literally do it 1 step at a time.my brain picks and choses when it wants to work and to much advice overloads the brain filter...i really hope you understand ...thanks

Comment

awww its fine, don't worry. I also have a fear of the telephone so I do understand a bit, and I know it can get confusing when lots of people chip in. I'll try and give you step by steps to deal with the case, you have done the first step so well done

Okay next step - Income and Expenditure sheet.

If you can answer the bits below I can work them into a letter for you to send to Lloyds to ask to be considered as in hardship and for them to treat you as such.

These will be quite in depth, sorry.

If you would rather not have the information posted on the forum then send it to me as a private message.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Amount of Arrears on Mortages
                      Normal Mortgage Payment amount
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Any other debts ? List amounts outstanding and monthly payments, and any issues with arrears etc.
                      Overdraft on your account and current balance
                      Income - list benefits/income - include housing and council tax benefits
                      Outgoings - list outgoings - specify if monthly or weekly - mortgage, council tax, gas, electric, water, food, telephone, and anything else essential.

Any changes in circumstances within the last year - if you can a brief outline of your illness would help too.
                      If you have recent statements, an approx amount how much charges you have evidence of while you wait for the DPA info to be returned.

Okay I realise that will take a couple days to sort out but I will keep an eye for when you done.
                      Then we'll put that in a letter to Lloyds outlining your situation and asking for assistance under the banking code and a halt on charges, explaining you have started the process to reclaim past charges.

If you don't understand anything please just ask and I will try and help as much as I can. Once I have this info I'll get you to get your money moved to a different account and ditch lloyds.
                      Last edited by Amethyst; 22nd August 2008, 13:48:PM.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

how do i do a private message?

Comment

Very top right of the screen under Hardship Claims Assistance

Comment

Or Click This

Send New Message

Comment

Amount of Arrears on Mortages
                              Normal Mortgage Payment amount
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              arrears are 750ish
                              normal payments are 514
                              paying 600 to reduce the arrears

---------------------------------------------
                              Any other debts ? List amounts outstanding and monthly payments, and any issues with arrears etc.
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              have 2 x 5k loans
                              owe approx 2.5k and 3.5k on them
                              pay 100 and 104 a month
                              no arrears issues..yet

Overdraft on your account and current balance
                              have a 3k overdraft
                              current balance is -4k

Income - list benefits/income - include housing and council tax benefits
                              wife earns approx 540 a month after tax
                              lower rate dla-71 month
                              lower rate mobility-71 month
                              long term incapacity-380 month
                              child benefit-75 amonth
                              no council tax benefits

Outgoings - list outgoings - specify if monthly or weekly - mortgage, council tax, gas, electric, water, food, telephone, and anything else essential.

mortgage 600 a month
                              council tax 114 a month
                              gas 50 a month
                              electric 90 a month
                              water 28 a month
                              food 500 a month
                              telephone 40 a month
                              loans 204 a month
                              car/petrol/tax 100 a month

Any changes in circumstances within the last year - if you can a brief outline of your illness would help too.
                              bronchieatis,asthma,vertigo,depression,panic attacks,single sided deafness,now under another consultant for hands /arms not working from nerve pressure.
                              due to illness,claiming incapacity benefit from august 07 and disability allowance from jan 08

If you have recent statements, an approx amount how much charges you have evidence of while you wait for the DPA info to be returned.
                              would say 2k ish

Okay I realise that will take a couple days to sort out but I will keep an eye for when you done.
                              Then we'll put that in a letter to Lloyds outlining your situation and asking for assistance under the banking code and a halt on charges, explaining you have started the process to reclaim past charges.

If you don't understand anything please just ask and I will try and help as much as I can. Once I have this info I'll get you to get your money moved to a different account and ditch lloyds.

sorry for the delay

Comment

Have just done your Income Expenditure form and as things stand with the above figures (have added £20 for house insurance per month and £11 for TV licence) you have a defecit of £534 a month.

Your income is £1137 per month and your outgoings (including the loan payments of £204 and the additional mortgage payments to clear arrears) are £1757 per month.

So some work needed to juggle things about a bit. Lloyds constantly taking charges from you and adding to your overdraft really isnt helping....so to get those stopped has to be a priority.

To be honest I would go and open a new account - a basic or a post office account and have your income paid in to there. Leave the overdraft and we can deal with that on a repayment basis later.

At the current rate things are you won't be able to maintain the payments on the overdraft or the loans and have enough to live on, pay mortgage rent and council tax.

Have you checked your entitlement to TAX CREDITS - working and child tax credits ? I think you should be entitled to those - possibly £130 a month so have a look into it. ( try Start Calculation )

You could also get council tax benefit (not a lot)
                                Last edited by Amethyst; 26th August 2008, 15:50:PM.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X