• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ladidi v Abbey - settlement offer ** SETTLED**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ladidi v Abbey - settlement offer

Well done Ladidi
    Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Comment

Awesome news Ladidi! Congratulations.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi Ladidi,

A good decision.

Please please let us know how every step of this goes from now on.

Let us know if and how they respond to your email and feel free to ask if you are uncertain of anything or need advice at any stage.

We all want to see this go through to a succesful conclusion.

Keep that response email to exactly what Dan has written.

Celebrate when you actually receive the cheque.

Best Regards Budgie

Comment

Hi everyone I sure will do, as I am counting on coming back here for all your advice and retrieving the remainder £2k

Comment

Well Done Ladidi
            Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

couldnt decide if to reply on PC or here lol so here for consitency

think Vox (on PC) means Abbey usually send a form to sign and send back - it wouldnt be valid anyway as they are breaching the waiver terms - but its always best to write your own.

You aren't counterclaiming anything later btw. When the test case is over, depending on the outcome you can put your legitimate claim into the bank for the remainder of the charges plus the 8% interest (which is outlined also by the waiver) and should be a pretty straightforward process.

At least you have 4k now - if the test case does go against then you have done bloody well, if its for then sorted go back for rest.

Onc you have received and cashed your cheque we'll bung a complaint into the FSA for Abbeys blatant disregard of the waiver.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Ame Now I know I can total peace of mind knowing I am and have done the right thing and knowing that just because they word it like it is the end of the matter it is not

Email sent now to wait for payment

Comment

I am very pleased for you Ladidi

"Thanks Ame Now I know I can total peace of mind knowing I am and have done the right thing and knowing that just because they word it like it is the end of the matter it is not"
                  and thanks to you a lot more people know that too Enaid xx

Comment

Well done Ladidi. Don't worry about the rest of it now, just take the money and enjoy it. Sort the rest if and when the time comes. £4K now is loads more use to you than a lesser offer later on.... A bird in the hand....as they say.

NOW START PLANNING HOW TO SPEND IT!

Congrats. Wendy xx
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks everyone

I will start to enjoy once it is safely in my bank account and shows I can have it to spend

I have not had a reply from Abbey's Legal, although I did read the gentleman concerned is going on his holidays for a week and will be back on 4th August. So time will tell if i receive payment in the next few days or not or some kind of corresspondense to the effect of...As soon as I hear anything I will be sure to let you all know

I`m so glad I wrote the email, I was telling a work collegue and he was telling me he was struggleing to get his back so I gave him "legal Beagles" web site addy and told him how glad I was to have found this place and how much help you all gave. I told him he should also contact the bank for the original complaint reference number as he said he did not have it any more and thought he may start again. I said no they should have this on their records that complaint is already filed and to come here for help with any nicely but strong worded letters he may need to send them to get the ball rolling again.

I believe he will be looking in at some point over the weekend
                      Last edited by Ladidi; 26th July 2008, 07:56:AM.

Comment

Have been reading this thread with great interest!!

Am intrigued to know how the charges add up to ££ + pence!! I thought all charges were in round figures, eg £30, £38 (??)

The only reason I bring this up is because I am wondering whether I have included everything relating to charges in my own claims.

Am considering claiming hardship and will start a new thread once I get the paperwork, etc sorted out.

jax

Comment

Originally posted by jax007 View Post
                          Have been reading this thread with great interest!!

Am intrigued to know how the charges add up to ££ + pence!! I thought all charges were in round figures, eg £30, £38 (??)

The only reason I bring this up is because I am wondering whether I have included everything relating to charges in my own claims.

Am considering claiming hardship and will start a new thread once I get the paperwork, etc sorted out.

jax

Hi Jax!

I think its got something to do with the interest Jax.. the interest has been calculating in pence.. ive noticed on my spready in the interest column that I also have figures ending in pence too..

Good luck with your hardship claim Jax.. it is deffo worth a good try and you have really nothing to lose.. it may be worth calling the legal rep at your bank..follow in same footsteps as Ladidi and myself..(as well as others)

I am hoping you can also read my thread in vip soon.. so it can give you an idea of what I have done to start off my hardship claim...

regards

BF Jas x

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum

Comment

Well done Ladidi
                            I'm thrilled at the way this has turned out for you...... it's about time that those who need it get a break. well done for accepting the offer and believe me your bravery will be rewarded when you go grab the rest after the test case

Comment

Good Morning all,

I have heard nothing from Abbey as of yet, no reply to my acceptance and no cheque and nothing paid into the abbey account we hold. We shall see how this week goes or if we will have to wait until My Coyle comes back off his holidays.

For everyone else thinking of doing the same thing, I say go for it, you have nothing before you start if you think about it, but when you submit everything you may end up with something which is a bit further than you were before.

And I was so rightly reminded, it is a win/win situation as the waiver protects you which means if the test case goes in our favour you can claim the rest at the end of it, and if doesn't go in our favour well your all quids in no matter what!!! Where as when you started all you have is paper work and lengthy discussions and then everything on "hold" as someone said to me "something is better than nothing at all" :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

never a truer word said.... if you don't ask you don't get!
                                I'm seriously considering having a go with nastywest, although my situation is a little complicated as they forced me into taking a loan, then managed to overturn my stay application on the basis i was no longer in hardship! Hmmmm not sure how to tackle that one... i'll give it some thought then let you know what i come up with lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X