• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Incorrect CCJ by lowell removal and admitted liability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect CCJ by lowell removal and admitted liability

Hi, after a lengthy battle with lowell for an incorrect ccj being put on my credit file and for it being duplicated as initially I was ccjd by halifax for the same debt I received a letter of investigation from them yesterday admitting eventually that this is wrong and that the ccj will be getting removed and that I will be informed within 10 days by the court.

I started this process in February by contacting the court and then tracing back the creditors, basically in a nutshell I had a halifax account and they ccjd me in 2012 they then passed the debt on (without informing the companies that a ccj was on place) to fredrickson, they then passed to halifax they then sent to Brian carter and it was Brian carter who issued me with the ccj, the debt them went to lowell and Brian carter Wouldn't speak to me.

So after not getting anywhere with the companies I initially filed a complaint with FOS against fredrickson, that claim cane back as not up held, so I sent a further claim to lowell who have now completed investigation and stated removal of ccj will happen but they are blaming halifax as halifax didn't follow correct procedure but they are happy to remove but also stating that they are giving me £100 compensation which is within guidelines for FOS .
    They have asked me to contact them if unhappy with resolution, I'm happy that ccj is getting removed but feel that £100 compensation is really insulting.

Just really need a bit of help before I contact them tomorrow to discuss further. Do I accept? Do I take further action against halifax? Really unsure

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Incorrect CCJ by lowell removal and admitted liability

take money and run - end of no point in trying to be clever

Comment

Carter is/was just a solicitor for rent in the debt collection business Lowell at one time put a lot of business through Carter often to see claim discontinued, then Lowell invented Lowell Solicitors Ltd to handle claims taken of Carter they seem even more useless than Carter so far.

The offer is as said within the FOS guidelines IF you haven't any proof of sustaining provable loss, if however you can show provable loss the amount would have to be greater.

Make sure that all 3 main credit reference agencies files will have entries removed.

As for Halifax my feeling is to raise a Formal Complaint at director/CEO level regarding their maladministration of your account.

This allows 56 days for the recipient to full investigate and respond within 56 days, and inadequate response leaves you open to putting the matter back before FOS.

nem

Comment

Thanks for your replies, it's really appreciated, I just think that I have a 3 page basically grovelling letter which in parts they have admitted liability but are passing blame onto other companies

In one paragraph it states:
        It is evident that a ccj obtained by Brian carter was done so in error and that the account SHOULD NOT have been reviewed for legal action in light of the actions previously taken by HBOS however thus was not an error made by fredrickson or Brian carter but as a result of an internal process issue with lowell and the absence of information to the ccj from HBOS .

I have suffered financially as a result of this based on not being able to remortgage this year to a different mortgage company they just won't entertain me. I have also spent hours on the phone to organisations trying to rectify this ad the stress that this had caused on the phone and constantly being told it was untrue and I need to speak to this person or tay company as no one would take responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthb1 View Post
          Thanks for your replies, it's really appreciated, I just think that I have a 3 page basically grovelling letter which in parts they have admitted liability but are passing blame onto other companies

In one paragraph it states:
          It is evident that a ccj obtained by Brian carter was done so in error and that the account SHOULD NOT have been reviewed for legal action in light of the actions previously taken by HBOS however thus was not an error made by fredrickson or Brian carter but as a result of an internal process issue with lowell and the absence of information to the ccj from HBOS .

I have suffered financially as a result of this based on not being able to remortgage this year to a different mortgage company they just won't entertain me. I have also spent hours on the phone to organisations trying to rectify this ad the stress that this had caused on the phone and constantly being told it was untrue and I need to speak to this person or tay company as no one would take responsibility.
          It's never wise to try to negotiate by phone, the level of " employees " authority is usually low, it's best to keep all ,matters in writing.

If you believe there is provable financial loss caused by HBOS then the starting point is a formal complaint as high up the ladder as possible.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X