• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Annual Statement of account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Statement of account

Hello

I have been trying to think ahead for a possible defence for a court claim.
    I know that companies should send you an annual statement of account and I think I read somewhere that if they do not they can not win in court but that they can send you a bunch all at once to put it right.

My question is

Does the statement have to be annual i.e can they send one that covers 18 months and then another one that covers 18 months or would they need to send three that cover 12 months each

I am clasping at straws here I think
    Tags: None

Re: Annual Statement of account

Interesting question? wonder where the legislation is? also redress in event of non disclosure by credit card companies etc?

Comment

Hi Mike770

I really have no idea of where the law is written down and what the consequences are, I just remember someone telling me that the reason they send statements is that they have to.

AS I have said I have received a letter of claim and while I have many of the papers and letters , an example is the last letter dated annual statement was actually for a period of 18 months. I read on another post here how another company had sent a batch of annual statements , can't find it know but it might have been three statements each covering a year

I am looking at anything that I could use against Lowell if they can provide the agreement I have asked them for.

Comment

Originally posted by Berti View Post
        Hi Mike770

I really have no idea of where the law is written down and what the consequences are, I just remember someone telling me that the reason they send statements is that they have to.

AS I have said I have received a letter of claim and while I have many of the papers and letters , an example is the last letter dated annual statement was actually for a period of 18 months. I read on another post here how another company had sent a batch of annual statements , can't find it know but it might have been three statements each covering a year

I am looking at anything that I could use against Lowell if they can provide the agreement I have asked them for.
        Lowells are one of the companies that seem to adhere to Annual statements I find!

- - - Updated - - -

Annual MUST mean Annual - otherwise As & When they feel like it?

Comment

Hi Mike770

Strange as it may seem they did send me a statement that was headed Annual Statement but it covered a period of about 18 months , I can remember exactly but it was a long time more than 12 months. It is in the drawer with everything else just not at home currently. I will try to post it up later if I can

Comment

Lowell_Statement.pdf

Hi Mike770

I hope that it has uploaded

I also found this
            http://www.netlawman.co.uk/ia/requir...ted-agreements

I am wondering if , as this is the only statement I have ever received from Lowell have they shot themselves in the foot

Of course they may just make something up and say they have sent them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X