• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RESOLVER - Quick Q's on process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RESOLVE - Quick Q's on process

If you have trouble uploading btw it's fine to email me admin@legalbeagles.info xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: RESOLVER - Quick Q's on process

Billing via paper demands. Received final notice on the outstanding bill. Only reason this happened was becuase person got to bank to stop DD. We have emailed Resolver to see if they have had response from BT and what it was. They have not returned answer yet. will update when i get response. Really thankful for help.

Comment

Afternoon, I have been in touch with Resolver and they have said that there has been a mishandling of the claim. We are waiting for them to follow this up.
        Regarding the £345 cancellation bill is there anyway we can avoid this charge? BT said that as we ended contract we have to pay. This doesnt seem right at all. Is there anything we can do or speak with to stop them billing this? We have received two final demand letters on this. Thanking you so much for advice Ex

Comment

Without knowing what the contract was and how it was terminated it really is impossible to say whether that £345 - or indeed the Direct Debits that went through - would be returnable/avoidable.

Good that you've figured out things went a bit wonky with Resolver, keep us updated, and if you do have those contracts it would be really usueful to see those - and a better idea of what happened and when.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

sorry. The contract with BT was their standard package (free landline calls) it was agreed that it would run for 12 months. We had no service for 10 days in forst month and that is when the issues started. We cancelled the contract after 2 half months. In the contract they said that if we cancel before 12 months we have to pay for the service up until the 12 months point. This is so unfair as they didnt provide a service and we had to cancel we had no other way. Sorry that i have rumbled on but it is annoying how they can get away with it.

Comment

Okay when you cancelled the contract did you do so in writing and raise a formal complaint with them about the lack of service?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

We complained about 10 days without service many times. After we had to complain because the lines were never working. We did cancel without a formal notice. BT have said that because we have not done that that is why they can charge us the cancellation fee. Is there anything we can do about this? About the other DD from account BT are now looking over it again to see a way around it. Yet they have stated that we will have to pay cancellation fee. Ex

Comment

Wanted to update you on BT crazy. We have a meeting today to discuss the whole situation. They have made no promises about removing the cancellation fee but they are looking into tec issues that lead to us leaving them. Resolver have not been helpful at all. Thanking you Amethyst. Good luck all. Emx

Comment

That sounds like a positive step forwards. Let me know what happens at the meeting.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X