• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

jbw council tax debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jbw council tax debt

Hi I was hoping to seek advice pls . I received a letter from jwb for a council tax debt amounting to £177.00 . I rung them today as they letter was stating to contact to either pay or make a payment plan or enforcement team would visit. When I rang I was told I had to pay £85 a month until it was paid as there is only 3 month left in financial year . I told them that this wasn't possible as monthly wage is £440.00 and I have to pay board an get my food etc . They offered to reduce it to £50 . Again not do-able. I'm just stuck at what to do as the house I live in is my friends I pay board to stay here the only things that belong to me are my clothes and a few bits nothing thats worth taking (hair dyer vouple of ornements) my wage won't improve unless I find a new job which I'm currently seeking. I don't want to enter an agreement that I can't physically afford. I'd appreciate any advice .
    Many thanks paula
    Tags: None

Re: jbw council tax debt

Originally posted by oscar1173 View Post
    Hi I was hoping to seek advice pls . I received a letter from jwb for a council tax debt amounting to £177.00 . I rung them today as they letter was stating to contact to either pay or make a payment plan or enforcement team would visit. When I rang I was told I had to pay £85 a month until it was paid as there is only 3 month left in financial year . I told them that this wasn't possible as monthly wage is £440.00 and I have to pay board an get my food etc . They offered to reduce it to £50 . Again not do-able. I'm just stuck at what to do as the house I live in is my friends I pay board to stay here the only things that belong to me are my clothes and a few bits nothing thats worth taking (hair dyer vouple of ornements) my wage won't improve unless I find a new job which I'm currently seeking. I don't want to enter an agreement that I can't physically afford. I'd appreciate any advice .
    Many thanks paula
    Hi Paula,
    When did you receive the JWB letter?

As to enforcement i.e. a bailiff visit, this is not going to achieve anything for them, have you told them that
    you live in rented furnished accommodation as technically a lodger?

You have little or no disposable income and no assets of any value, truth is they can't however hard they try
    get blood out of the proverbial stone!

Have you made an Income & Expenditure Statement to see what if anything you can reasonably afford to pay?

Which council is jwb working?

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X