• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit File - Longer than the last six years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit File - Longer than the last six years

Sorry if this is a stupid question or the wrong area.

I have often wondered how I would know if I have had credit cards, loans etc from companies in hte last twenty years - for PPI reclaim reasons.

I remember roughly who and what for but don't know for sure the dates and companies and wonder if there was a way to get this information from CRA at all ?
    Tags: None

Re: Credit File - Longer than the last six years

The CRAs usually 'claim' that when the data is dropped from your file after 6 years from whatever applicable date, then the data is removed from their systems so that they cease to process it under the DPA. In other words, even a full SAR would not result in them being able to produce it.

Exception may be if a report was generated by your request some time ago which would show the data, then the CRA may be able to produce a copy of that even though the source data used to produce it is gone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X