• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ on credit file from Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd - No forms, no idea what for!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ on credit file from Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd - No forms, no idea what for!!

I've just got my credit report today and seen there is a CCJ showing as of 5th October. This is the first I know of this.

I contacted the court showing on my file to find out what it's for and they said it shows the claimant as Cabots Financial (Europe) Ltd and their solicitors Mortimor Clarke. I have not dealt with either of these companies. I did not receive any claim forms and it looks as though they must have been sent to an old address I've not lived at for over 7 months. The court said it was in the notes that it was for a Royal Bank of Scotland credit card. I have no knowledge of a Royal Bank of Scotland credit card.

When I spoke to the court they gave my a contact number for Mortimor Solicitor and said I should be able to get more information from them and they should be able to tell me of any evidence (if any) they have. The court also said they would send through details/steps to my email to request the CCJ be removed.

I have not yet called Mortimor. Please can someone (Amethyst?) tell me what they need to be able to provide to prove that there is a valid claim. I have absolutely no knowledge of a credit card with Royal Bank of Scotland.

I am concerned of the timescale that I need to move. I've just found out about this today, the date shows as 5th Oct, and I need to act within a month to have it successfully removed? Please can someone point me in the right direction and help with what steps I need to take next.

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ on credit file from Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd - No forms, no idea what for

Originally posted by sprat View Post
    I've just got my credit report today and seen there is a CCJ showing as of 5th October. This is the first I know of this.

I contacted the court showing on my file to find out what it's for and they said it shows the claimant as Cabots Financial (Europe) Ltd and their solicitors Mortimor Clarke. I have not dealt with either of these companies. I did not receive any claim forms and it looks as though they must have been sent to an old address I've not lived at for over 7 months. The court said it was in the notes that it was for a Royal Bank of Scotland credit card. I have no knowledge of a Royal Bank of Scotland credit card.
    Hi and welcome to LB

It could be a card with another bank that's part of the same group, such as Lloyds.
    When I spoke to the court they gave my a contact number for Mortimor Solicitor and said I should be able to get more information from them and they should be able to tell me of any evidence (if any) they have. The court also said they would send through details/steps to my email to request the CCJ be removed.
    A CCJ can't be removed as such, the only way to achieve that would be to pay it in full but if you don't even recognise the account, you wouldn't want to do that.

However, you may be able to apply for set aside. You may want to look at the links below for more info:

I have not yet called Mortimor. Please can someone (Amethyst?) tell me what they need to be able to provide to prove that there is a valid claim. I have absolutely no knowledge of a credit card with Royal Bank of Scotland.
    You may want to start by asking them to consent to the CCJ being set aside since it looks like they may have made a mistake.

I'm sure Amethyst will be popping in to comment. :grin:
    I am concerned of the timescale that I need to move. I've just found out about this today, the date shows as 5th Oct, and I need to act within a month to have it successfully removed? Please can someone point me in the right direction and help with what steps I need to take next.

Thank you.
    You must be referring to removing a CCJ by paying it in full, in which case you do have one month to do so, however, I don't think you'd want to pay it if you didn't even have the account it refers to. Otherwise the court will expect a set aside application to be submitted promptly but not necessarily within one month, not if you were not aware of the judgment because you didn't receive the order in the post. :ohwell:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X