• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can they take my money without my permission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can they take my money without my permission

Please bear with me why I try to explain.
    my partner has a debt in her name even though she shouldn't but that's another story will explain if needed but will try and keep this short.

About 2 and half years ago she was contacted by akinika and at the time had no income and when I say no income I mean she had nothing no job no benefits no other source of income nothing.
    She explained her situation over and over again but that didn't stop them constantly calling and sending letters,
    Getting so fed up with them and the amount of stress it was causing her
    I agreed with them I would pay for some of it and agreed they could do A direct debit and take money out monthly.
    For personal reasons I have decided I don't want to pay for the debt no more
    So I logged online on to my bank account to cancel the direct debit
    It wasn't showing up that I had a direct debit with them, confused so I went to my bank And told them I want to cancel a direct debit,
    They told me that it wasn't a direct debit and that there taking it from my card
    Well that's not what I agreed,
    the women on the phone from akinika told me it was a direct debit
    So I told the bank I want to cancel that and said they will cancel it but I need to ring them as they can reverse me cancelling it and carry on taking payments from me
    I been trying to contact them for last few days but no answer there's no where online I can find opening times or when I ring the number no opening times.
    So is that correct they can reverse my cancelation and carry on taking payments from my account ?
    Tags: None

Re: Can they take my money without my permission

Originally posted by Minnzy View Post
    So I told the bank I want to cancel that and said they will cancel it but I need to ring them as they can reverse me cancelling it and carry on taking payments from me
    If you have cancelled the CPA with the bank, then they must not allow it to be used again.

You have a right to cancel it with the bank under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 and in theory should not have to do so with the creditor, although it's often advisable to do so to cover both ends.

If the bank allows any more payments to be taken and reinstates the CPA, then you can complain to the bank and demand that THEY reverse the payments.

See:

http://paullewismoney.blogspot.co.uk...ts-racket.html

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/continuou...ight-to-cancel

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X