• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from BW Legal stating CCJ against me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letter from BW Legal stating CCJ against me

In theory, no, as all that is required of the courts is that:

(3) Where it comes to the attention of the appropriate officer that the debt has been satisfied more than one month from the date of the judgment, that officer shall send a request to the Registrar to endorse the entry as to the satisfaction of the debt.
    and notification from the creditor should be enough.

Court staff can be inconsistent on this though, which is why I suggested checking with them they have whet they need. i.e. if they think they need it then you can pass on what you have to them.

Comment

I recommend sending a copy for the attention of the court manager at which ever CC centre dealt with the claim.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by dav3te View Post
        Thanks Nibbler, but don't I need to send the certificate of settlement to the courts? As well as them receiving the proof from BW Legal?
        If wanted to obtain a certificate of satisfaction you'd have to pay for the privilege. Hardly worth it for a CCJ of this value. :mmph:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
          If wanted to obtain a certificate of satisfaction you'd have to pay for the privilege. Hardly worth it for a CCJ of this value. :mmph:
          but If I don't then will the CCJ still be satisfied?

Comment

Originally posted by dav3te View Post
            but If I don't then will the CCJ still be satisfied?
            Yes, satisfied means paid in full: http://www.trustonline.org.uk/unders...satisfied-ccjs

If you've paid the CCJ in full, however, you can apply to have it shown as satisfied by showing the court your receipt. If you can't get this type of proof, the court will write to the person who won the CCJ.

From 6th April 2006 when the court are provided with evidence that a judgment debt has been paid in full, that court should notify us to amend the register and the register will show the entry as "satisfied". This will show anyone searching the register that you have paid, and when you did so.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
              I think dav3te was referring to sending the proof (maybe referred to as 'certificate') of settlement that Lowells are sending him, on to the court?

Not actually apply for a formal certificate of satisfaction from the court, which I agree would be unnecessary.

Comment

So what's the point in certificate of satisfaction and paying the fee if the creditor will give the proof?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X