• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marlin Financial Default - incorrect information & lack of communication

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Financial Default - incorrect information & lack of communication

Long story shortened... I started a training course with Advent Computer Training in April 2009 which was financed by Barclays Partner Finance (BPF). January 2010 Advent went into Administration. BPF placed account on hold at my request and then left everyone hanging for almost three months before announcing that they were passing our details over to Computeach to continue our studies. Computeach were not a choice I wanted due to poor reviews etc. Disputed this and account has remained in dispute since.

Account is unpaid due to dispute. Balance has went from £4,950 to £10,437 with interest and charges. BPF have passed account from one collection agency to another. When I disputed this with the agencies they returned account, only for BPF to find someone else.

Raised the issue with The Financial Ombudsman, but they sided with BPF as BPF have provided a new provider. In January 2013 BPF sold accounts to Marlin. I created a petition and received over 400 signatures. Both BPF and Marlin ignored this, but Marlin tried to take some people to court in April 2013, but when people prepared their defence, Marlin backed down.

I was repeatedly asked by Marlin to arrange payment, but I refused and emailed daily to request them to take me to court. They declined to do this and continued to ask for payment. I continued requesting court action only, then they surprisingly closed my account and will take no further action against me or the account. However, they won’t remove the default from credit file.

I also noticed that the entry on my credit reports is incorrect. The default date is a year out, meaning the default would remain on my file for an extra year. The default should be around Dec 2010, but they have Dec 2011. I have since raised a dispute with all the credit reference agencies and await their reply. I have also in the past requested a copy of this letter, via recorded delivery to BPF, but received no reply.

Is there any way I can have this default removed without having to go to court, as this is something I can’t really afford. I thought about sending a request for a copy of the original default letter as this is the only letter I don’t seem to have, then going down the road of it not being received then raising a dispute with the FO. Any assistance is gratefully received. I am in Sunny Scotland. Marlin also ignore any communication I send now.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X