• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Possible court action.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible court action.

Originally posted by Nottingham2013 View Post
    6 and half years at least.
    Then it should be time barred.

The letter they sent me they said they was assigned the debt in December 2008 and I made a payment a month later which is nonsense.
    Did you even know of the assignment at that time?

Did you send Bowells a CCA request or a Subject Access Request, the fee for which may have been misapplied?

The outstanding balance they are asking for is the same as the original default amount.
    So you effectively "made a payment" of £0.00 ?

One might doubt that such a sum would really count as a payment towards the alleged debt. :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Then it should be time barred.

Did you even know of the assignment at that time?

Did you send Bowells a CCA request or a Subject Access Request, the fee for which may have been misapplied?

So you effectively "made a payment" of £0.00 ?

One might doubt that such a sum would really count as a payment towards the alleged debt. :grin:
      I probably got letters about it. I've never made any contact whatsoever with them, no payments, no CCA, no SAR. They claim I paid £74, absolute nonsense!

Comment

They claim I paid £74,
        But yet the balance allegedly owed remains the same?

Unless the payment was made to their counterpart in an alternative universe, that would appear to be mathematically impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          But yet the balance allegedly owed remains the same?

Unless the payment was made to their counterpart in an alternative universe, that would appear to be mathematically impossible.
          How do these plebs think they can get away with these farcical claims. Should I just ignore or send them one last letter refuting their claims and promising official complaints being made if they contact me again?

Comment

After sending off the SB letter they claimed I made a payment, which I did not. The account has been sent back to Freds who offered me 'a discount to settle at this late stage' and now it's gone back to BC who are saying they will issue court proceeding next week if I don't make a payment. Anyone have idea what my next step should be?

Thanks

Comment

After sending off the SB letter they claimed I made a payment, which I did not. The account has been sent back to Freds who offered me 'a discount to settle at this late stage' and now it's gone back to BC who are saying they will issue court proceeding next week if I don't make a payment. Anyone have idea what my next step should be?

Thanks
              Send the S.B. letter to Carter.

Comment

But Freds and BC are using the same address so they must know I sent the letter to Freds. Will sending the SB letter to BC put them in a position where they can't do anything unless they have proof of payment?

Comment

But Freds and BC are using the same address so they must know I sent the letter to Freds. Will sending the SB letter to BC put them in a position where they can't do anything unless they have proof of payment?
                  Send the S.B. letter to Carter,if they take it to court they have to prove a payment was made by YOU,if you say you have not made a payment then how can they prove it.
                  Last edited by Streetwise; 7th March 2014, 12:09:PM.

Comment

The thing is they claim I made a payment of £74 but the the outstanding balance remains the same as the initial default amount. Surely they are not going to go court with this, they will look really stupid.

Comment

The thing is they claim I made a payment of £74 but the the outstanding balance remains the same as the initial default amount. Surely they are not going to go court with this, they will look really stupid.
                      Sending the S.B. letter just shows that you are letting them know that you no its S.B., and if it goes in front of the Judge he will see you have told them,plus its nice to be nice.

Comment

I just really can't bothered having to go court, I should get some sort of compensation if they force me to go when it's clearly statute barred and I have made them aware of this and they still harass me with letters.

Comment

I just really can't bothered having to go court, I should get some sort of compensation if they force me to go when it's clearly statute barred and I have made them aware of this and they still harass me with letters.
                          At least if it goes to court you as an L.I.P. can have a

Comment

What's an L.I.P? Haha

Comment

Would a CCA request be a good idea? Just to waste their time?

Comment

Treat it as a letter before action and reply as such.

Something like http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...075#post391075

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X