• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston Recovery - His Majestys Courts & Tribunals Service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston Recovery - His Majestys Courts & Tribunals Service

Hi,

I received a letter from Marston Recovery regarding an amount owed to His Majestys Courts & Tribunals Service.

The letter was actually received at an address I haven't lived at since 2013 and the date on the letter is July 2024 but was just forwarded to me a few days ago, I contacted everybody to change my address when I left and had a mail redirection in place for some time after I left and apparently there hasn't been any other mail with my name since I moved (a cousin has lived there since).

As it's an amount owed to His Majestys Courts & Tribunals Service would I be right in thinking this is a fine or something I may have been taken to court for?

I've never been in trouble and not aware of ever being taken to court for anything.

I showed my brother the letter and he feels that it's probably a fishing letter and that I should file the letter away but not reply to it and see if anything else comes.

The fact it's for an amount owed to HMCTS has me concerned that ignoring the letter may make an issue I don't know about into an even bigger issue.

It also says in the letter that I may be visited by an enforcement agent (at a cost of £235) and that the enforcement agent could start the process of removing belongings, I'm in Scotland but always believed Marstons enforcement agents could just do this in England and Wales? Is this something they could also do here?

I do have other debts (5 creditors), the balance on the letter (£738) doesn't match any balance from them and I've also contacted them (creditors and debt collection agencies) and they have advised no action has been taken.

I tried to attach a copy of the letter but the website wouldn't let me.

What would be the best course of action here? Should I just ignore or would it be best to contact HMCTS to find out what this may be about?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X