• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt for Campervan rental in Norway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt for Campervan rental in Norway

I rented in Norway through a campervan rental platform called MyCamper.com. I rented the campervan in June 2024 and have made the following damages to the vehicle:

(i) two bodywork plastics broken in the rear of the vehicle

(ii) broken plastic lever in the toilet

Additionally, the side window wasn't properly installed and it fell when I opened it but the owner still says it was my fault.

I’m willing to cover the damages, however the owner has shared a quote with an astronomical sum which doesn’t make any sense at all in relation to the minor damages I caused.

I'd like to know what would be the legal remedies for the situation and also what are the actual risks in terms of processes, timelines and amounts in case the owner decided to take the case to court. The amount he’s claiming is around £3k. How feasible is to enforce that with the contract being in Norway and myself living in UK. In case it’s possible to enforce, roughly how much would it take to actually have any impacts on me?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Trading standards can help... via signposting or referral.
    Or look up UKICC https://www.ukecc.net/contact-us

The UK International Consumer Centre (UKICC) was previously called the UK European Consumer Centre (UKECC), prior to the UK's departure from the EU (at the time, we received funding from the EU - hence our EU-focused website and email system).

https://www.ukecc.net/contact-us

Comment

Get 2 / 3 estimates done on the cost of repairs in Norway. There is a cost differential between the UK and Norway (Norway costs a lot more), but I doubt it will amount to the costs they are seeking. If it ever reaches Court, you have evidence.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...United+Kingdom

You could get the estimates and sending covering letter with offer. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X