• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Discharge of inhibition (Scotland)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discharge of inhibition (Scotland)

Hi All,

First time poster here.

I recently had an Inhibition order placed on me for a £7000 debt owed to Cabot Financial, who appointed Nolans Solicitors to deal with it.

I've now paid the debt off in full (on the 10th on this month) but Nolans are refusing to issue me with a letter or email confirmation that the debt is settled, stating that I must pay a solicitor to request that documentation? I have also contacted Cabot who have confirmed that the balance is zero, but they won't issue a receipt/confirmation either, stating that because they've already appointed Nolans, the documents will have to come from them?

I have also requested that they apply for the discharge of inhibition since they're the creditors, but they're stating that I must foot the bill for that by taking it to court myself? Is this correct?

I just feel like they're holding me to ransom for even more money than has already been paid.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Kind regards.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X