• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from intrum regarding a personal matter.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from intrum regarding a personal matter.

Hello
    I received a letter from intrum with reference number and saying…
    “We are attempting to contact Mr x x regarding a personal matter and your address has been supplied as a possible address
    if you are Mr x x please contact our office immediately on telephone 01737 235202 quoting your reference number at which time further information can be provided”

as far as I know I don’t have any outstanding debt and my credit score is not showing any.
    Only thing I can think of is I owed Loyds 7k back 12 years ago but the case was struck and I never heard anything back from them again.

Now I’m not sure if I should contact them about this “personal matter”
    Or should I just ignore this letter ? Because it is not a typical dept collection letter.

I would love to hear your thoughts

thank you
    Tags: None

Intrum are debt collectors and it's a typical tracing agent letter. I assume you are Mr x x

They will have found your address from an old source and are trying to discover if you still live there. Then they will send typical debt collector letters. Intrum do tracing of debtors and the usual sorts of debt collection activity. They act as DCA for the debt owner but also buy old debts and get them assigned to themselves, so they could be chasing a debt on either basis.

You could ignore them but they might then start making house calls on you which you would prefer not to happen.

Or write to them and confirm that you are Mr x x and do live at that address and state that that you are only willing to deal with them in writing and not by phone or email. Never phone DCAs, keep it all in writing.

It's a good idea to confirm your current address so that if there is some debt that they could start court proceedings on they will have to send the court papers to you and you can defend it properly. Otherwise they might send them to some old address and get a default CCJ against you.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X