• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please Help With Orbit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help With Orbit

Hello

This morning out of the blue I have received a letter from Orbit
    They ihave given me 3 days to provide updated payment information for Cabot Financial or they will visit my home. It appears I am paying them £1 a month (for a 9k debt) through my bank though they have not stated this, nor given any reference number to it.

They state Cabot has been trying to contact me re a payment review. I have no letters. They have the creditor listed as National Australia bank - I have never borrowed from Australia Bank.
    As a sidenote my wife is dying of stage 4 cancer and I only have carers allowance and part of ESA. If I do owe this money I would like to try keep it at £1 or even written off

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Tags: None

Hi

You don't have too many options, either engage by responding or don't engage and see what happens.

If you do engage, you could write back to them but by the time they look at the letter, that will likely be more than 3 days which is when they intend to visit you. Orbit have an implied right of access to turn up on your doorstep unless that right of access is revoked. You can revoke that access by telling Orbit that you do not wish to see them and their implied right of access is revoked, so they do not have permission to come on to your property to visit, and any attempt to do so will be treated as a trespass. At the same time you can tell them you are not aware of any debt or contract you entered into for National Australia Bank.

I assume Orbit are the company Orbit Services and if so, they do not have an email address to contract, only by an online form, letter or telephone. If you want to take the above path, you could phone them up and tell them over the phone but then also use their online enquiry form to confirm what you told them over the phone.

Don't feel pressured or put off if Orbit insist that they will attend your property just remind them that you have made it clear their implied right is revoked and they have no legal right to attend your property so if they do, then you will consider taking further action against Orbit for trespass. Maybe also remind them that the phone call is recorded which you will obtain a copy of under data protection laws an you will also follow up what you have said by completing their online enquiry form, so if the customer service rep doesn't update the information appropriately, then they have themselves to blame.

Don't try to get into a back and forth with them or share any more information than you need to: 1. right of access is revoked and 2. you have no knowledge of a debt with NAB. Go away and investigate and come back with further information.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your wife, hope the doctors have got it wrong.

Email Orbit the following letter, amend the letter, add that your wife is 'unwell' and they are making a already stressful situation much worse. You could also ask them if under the circumstance, 'can they write off the debt'.

But you need to establish if the debt is indeed yours.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/sam...sment-warning/

Orbit has a Message online facility.

https://www.orbitservices.co.uk/#contactus_section

Comment

Hi Echat11 and Rob, thank you for responding. Unfortunately the Drs are correct, it’s a very stressful situation. I don’t want them visiting as my wife is in a hospital bed in the front room 24/7.

i think I will go the route of establishing if the debt is mine. Do I use a template giving them 30 days to provide the original documents? This’s has turned up after 18 years as the only debt I have is from 2008.

thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Inca64 View Post
          Hi Echat11 and Rob, thank you for responding. Unfortunately the Drs are correct, it’s a very stressful situation. I don’t want them visiting as my wife is in a hospital bed in the front room 24/7.

i think I will go the route of establishing if the debt is mine. Do I use a template giving them 30 days to provide the original documents? This’s has turned up after 18 years as the only debt I have is from 2008.

thank you for your help.
          The debt might not be covered under the CCA 1974. So you might be better off sending a SAR request.
          So they will send all the data they have, which might only be for the last 6 years. But you will get a better
          idea of what is what.

It might be an idea to write a letter explaining that your wife is 'ill' and you do not wish to bring further stress / anxiety upon yourselves. So if they can refrain from contacting you for the foreseeable future. Put the letter in an envelope, keep it by the door, if Orbit man / woman visits, just hand it to them. Refer to the debt as 'alleged debt'. Also write 'Without Prejudice' on the letter. Also attach medical evidence i.e. doctors letter to the letter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X