• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Chasing me for debt I don't have

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Chasing me for debt I don't have

Hi All,

First time poster. I've zero debts to my name, aside from my mortgage, but have had a running battle against various debt collecting companies over the years. All of which I have been able to get my info removed, apart from Lowell. Long story short a man with a very similar name and birthday to me runs up various debts and thanks to some genius my name is now forever linked to any debt he makes. Lowell have persistently tried to contact me and have now started sending vaguely threatening letters. I've spoken with them multiple times, proved my innocence and made them promise to remove my name from any lists/data they have but like clockwork another letter/txt will turn up and I'm sick of it. Any advice on how to get them to finally stop? Or should I just continue to ignore them. Thanks!
    Tags: None

Harassment is a criminal offence and it sounds as if this debt collection company is approaching if not already reached the red line
    You have spoken to them many times and proved that the debt they are chasing is not yours.
    You should collect all your evidence, letters, emails, make notes of times of phone calls and what was said.
    Then write to the company warning them that harassment is a criminal offence and if they fail to stop you will sue them in court.
    Report them to the Financial Conduct Authority and CAB

Comment

Lodge a Formal Complaint with Lowell's, follow their complaints procedure on their website. Seek compensation.
      Tell them you are minded to lodge a complaint with the ICO as well as taking legal action as they've been informed
      of the situation, but harass you for money you don't owe. Also check your credit file, see if they have damaged that.

Comment

Thank you both so much. I will update when I hear back

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X