• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Work overpayment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work overpayment

Hi all

Firstly thanks for all the helpful answers I had on my other post regarding this issue

I have decided to defend the case for the following reasons.

Firstly as suggested on my other thread...change of position. I do not have the money to pay and at the time of the alleged over payment I had every reason to believe all money in my account was legitimately mine.

I have e mails I am using as evidence.

​​​​​​Secondly I'm saying I was sent no wage slips as they had changed to an electronic system which I had no access to as I was off on long term sickness.

Thirdly they're charging interest but when they first informed me of the alleged over payment I told them I'd come to court to deal with it and it took them another three years and some long periods of silence to do so.

Fourthly I was extremely unwell and this was caused by my employment with them.

I am hoping the court would either write the debt off or make me pay back some and not all of what my previous employer is claiming

My question is are they allowed to include compensation they paid me in the financial calculations if I am to pay money back to them.

I was left very unwell and unable to work so I sued them for money for my on going treatment. I have some of that money left as I am not finished treatment yet, can they ask I pay them from that or is that money safe.

Thank you

Ivan
    Tags: None

You need to stick to your original thread, makes no sense to start a new thread, then refer to the original thread in the new thread.

ULA

Comment

Will do

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X