• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell harassing me for unenforceable debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiredofthis View Post
    Thank you
    I will do this although no doubt they’ll come back and say not required - it’s just exhausting , the bank account was abandoned 11 years ago and opened in 1988 when I was 16
    Update when you get a response.

Comment

So it’s taken this long to get a response from Lowell , initially they ignored the letter sent and continued to send me more and more threatening letters regarding the outstanding balance .
      I wrote again a month ago reiterating my request to provide me with terms and conditions and today they have responded with a letter stating there is no legal requirement to provide a CA (not what I asked for ) and the balance is still owing , followed in red by threats to send debt collectors if I don’t contact them to pay .
      So what do I do now .. I’m at an absolute loss .

Comment

Originally posted by Tiredofthis View Post
        So it’s taken this long to get a response from Lowell , initially they ignored the letter sent and continued to send me more and more threatening letters regarding the outstanding balance .
        I wrote again a month ago reiterating my request to provide me with terms and conditions and today they have responded with a letter stating there is no legal requirement to provide a CA (not what I asked for ) and the balance is still owing , followed in red by threats to send debt collectors if I don’t contact them to pay .
        So what do I do now .. I’m at an absolute loss .
        It's just Lowell's being Lowell's. As they send letters just update the thread with a brief summary.
        Try not to worry about this. You've been proactive, time to be reactive if and when they send anything meaningful.

Comment

Thank you again - I’ve had three missed calls a day from them since that letter , I’m assuming they’ll probably take me to court next ? If I had the money they could have it , it’s £1500 , but I don’t , however surely they are going against the financial conduct act by persuading me when they’ve refused to supply the terms and conditions of the original bank account ?

Comment

Send the following template, make sure you get Proof of Postage

https://nationaldebtline.org/sample-...sment-warning/

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...-by-creditors/

Comment

Thank you - I’ll give that a try

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X