• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Opos Limited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opos Limited

I had a txt today from Opos Limited. Stating full name, asking me to contact them with a 'reference number' as soon as possible?
    I have had a debt but is definitely Statue Barred now?
    How would they have obtained my mobile number and why are they chasing the debt?
    I am not in the best of health and this has really not helped!
    Any advice would be gratefully appreciated :-)
    Thank you
    Tiredandweary
    Tags: None

How old is the debt?

When was the last payment made?

If you've not admitted the debt in writing in the last 6 years and you have not made any payments in the last 6 years then the debt is statute barred.

Depending on the above, you could send the following, make sure you get Proof of Postage:

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/sam...cover-debt-ew/

Comment

Hi ECHAT11,
      I have not had any contact since well before 2009 and never admitted/ wrote nor answered calls from any debt collector.
      I think they 'may' be on a fishing exercise. The debt as you can see, is certainly well over 6 years old, and NO communication has been from 'me' since before then. I have had the odd letters from Capquest etc, but, all have been ignored. These were received at my old address. Maybe that is why I had the txt? I have looked on my Credit Report and my score is fine, also, no search from Opos is on there?
      I have blocked their number from my mobile now.
      thank you for the above advice :-)
      T&W

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X