• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Lowell Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Lowell Debt

Ive recently been contacted by lowell over a £1000 debt i had with the Lloyds bank group, the Debt was unpaid overdraft charges which i let mount up around 12 years ago.
    Now i last had contact with them in 2018 which is four years ago and was wondering why they would chase the debt after such a long time, now I’m in a position to pay but i would rather not seeing as i have got away with it for so long, so I’m basically wondering why they are coming after me now and haven’t done so for the last four years.
    Tags: None

Hi DON

a) How did they contact you?

b) When you last contacted them in 2018, what did you say to them?

c) What form did the communication take?

d) Depending on how you communicated with them, the debt might be statute barred.

They are probably just trying their luck.

Comment

They Contacted me by Email and today i have received a letter from them.
      I can’t remember what i said to them last but i had a payment plan set up and i defaulted on it in 2018 and that is the last time i had any contact with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Donpedro89 View Post
        They Contacted me by Email and today i have received a letter from them.
        I can’t remember what i said to them last but i had a payment plan set up and i defaulted on it in 2018 and that is the last time i had any contact with them.
        Unfortunately, I don't think the debt is statute barred, for it to be statute barred, no payment had been made in the last 6 years and no written communication admitting to the debt.

I would let them carry on doing what they are doing, block the emails (if they are annoying you), read the letters, but only take note of the one that says Letter before Claim. You could send them a SAR requests etc, but best to see how determined they are to pursue the debt. You'll have opportunities to get that £1,000 reduced or they might start making offers to you.

Then update the thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X