• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Intrum advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intrum advice please

I’ve posted here before and received some great help and advice so I’d like to ask for your help again please

we had an agreement to pay a Tesco credit card with Tesco but they have recently sold the debt to Intrum, when this happened I immediately transferred payments to Intrum and have never missed a payment to both Tesco or Intrum but I’m now getting letters each week from Intrum asking us to contact them, the last one says it’s from their legal department and it’s the last chance before they take court action ( I’m not sure how many they will send before they actually take action) so my question is what is the best thing to do before this gets worse or to stop the letters etc. many thanks in advance
    Tags: None

So write to them asking what they want!
    That will satisfy their request you contact them.
    Before they actually initiate court action they should send a letter before action telling you what they are seeking, so it is probably only a standard unspecified last chance threat letter they have sent to try and get a responswe from you

Comment

I’ve sent them an email and they have replied with an expenditure form, is this something you would fill in? I’ve managed to avoid this with other credit cards as it’s something I really don’t like doing but Intrum are quite persistent

Comment

you do not have to fill it in only a court could make you, another of the Intrum tactics, see what they try next.

Comment

What would you advise do to get them to leave off, they have said they will stop chasing for 30 days. With others I’ve spoken over the phone and said I’m not filling it in but these just won’t leave off.

Comment

They chase and chase they felt on another company registration to fool you or attempts to get you to pay up. They are not registered with FCA but rely on an internal company registration

Comment

Intrum UK Ltd is registered with FAC with number 03752940

Comment

Sorry to sound stupid but what does it mean if they aren’t fca registered? I’m I best to just carry on paying my agreed monthly payment as I’m hoping to make an offer to clear it in a few months time

Comment

A firm needs FCA registration to carry out certain debt collection activities ( https://www.fca.org.uk/firms/authori...ebt-collectors)

Just keep paying your agreed amount

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X