• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Hoist finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Hoist finance

I have received a letter from Hoist finance for a 13k debt that is 23 years old (went through a messy divorce and lost everything). Its a generic letter saying if I make payments they will make some too....

I have ignored these letters but my worry is their was a ccj issued many years ago (20) on this which i paid for a bit then moved abroad.

Been back 10 years in this house and now this pops up

Im not sure what to as I would like to think this is statute barred. The thing is they have been texting my partners phone asking for me to contact them for about 18months which she ignored

My thinking is if there was a ccj they would know this and be issuing all sorts of court threats not just we are here to help and give you a discount.

Just dont really know which way to play this

Thanks

Tags: None

Hi Lolaj

Because you have a CCJ, the debt isn't statute barred. But the thing is that the Creditor would have to go to Court to reactivate the CCJ, after the period that's elapsed the Court will want to know from the Creditor why they have waited so long, so it's not straightforward for them.

Double check to see if there is a CCJ.

Comment

Hi thankyou for your reply. The creditor was HFC who have now gone into liquidation and \im guessing hoist has bought the debt.

Would Hoist be aware there is an old CCJ on there as none of their letters indicate this?

Also would they have to make us aware they were going back to the Court to try and get this reactivated.

How do I check if there is a CCJ as it doesnt show it on my credit file as Im guessing its too old.

Thanks

Comment

a) Would Hoist be aware there is an old CCJ on there as none of their letters indicate this?

They should be aware, it would be surprising if they didn't.

b) Also would they have to make us aware they were going back to the Court to try and get this reactivated.

Yes they have to tell you what's going on.

c) How do I check if there is a CCJ as it doesnt show it on my credit file as Im guessing its too old.

Look under - ' Search the register of judgments'

https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judg...-credit-rating

Comment

Thankyou for your speedy reply its much appreciated

Its just the letter was really odd..asking me to set up a payment plan and everytime I made a payment they would match it...

I figured if they knew they would have slapped me with it..

Also am I right in thinking they would have to have the original signed loan agreement?

What are the chances of them pursuing this though the courts please

I havent acknowledged the debt and dont know what to do,

Comment

a) Also am I right in thinking they would have to have the original signed loan agreement?

Yes.

b) What are the chances of them pursuing this though the courts please

Very unlikely, but there is always a possibility.

Comment

So shall I just sit tight and see what happens?

And if they do you said they had to have a good reason to come after me 22 years later

Thankyou

Comment

Very very good reason . So many chancers must be income lose to these companies ah! Never mind ah!
                Last edited by MIKE770; 17th May 2022, 14:34:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X