• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excess mileage charge on HP Agreements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excess mileage charge on HP Agreements

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the enforceability of excess mileage charges on lapsed HP agreements?

In 2013 I took out a 3 year HP contract on a second hand car. The car was handed back in May 2106 and I was charged approx £4k for excess mileage, repairs to wheel trims and some other bits and pieces but no actual damage to the car.

I still have £2200 pounds to pay as I'm only paying off £30 a month. My question is do CCA requests cover this type of agreement and is there a way to challenge it? I appreciate it's 5 years down but I'm just starting to find out things I never knew about CCA requests.

Once I handed the car back the entry dropped off my credit report / marked as satisfied, but this additional amount has never been recorded as a debt. It is being collected by DLC.

Can I offer a token amount of £1 a month or could this ever appear on my credit record after all this time?

Any help is appreciated as always.

Many Thanks
    Last edited by Stephp74; 22nd October 2021, 12:10:PM.
    Tags: None

Hi STEPHP74

R0b Can you please take a look and advise. Many thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X