• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt collection agency issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt collection agency issues

Hi,

I'm a contractor employed by an agency who pay me regularly every Friday through a payment company who deduct tax and provide an admin service for any payment issues. The problem I have is that about a month ago, the payment company paid me twice and now want the money back. Initially I ignored the payment company for a few weeks but they have now given my details over to debt claims solicitors who have emailed me this week which prompted me to contact the payment company to settle as the solicitors claimed that the client is entitled to interest pursuant to section 69 of the county courts and will accrue daily unless paid in full in 7 days. I was told by the payment company to email over a letter explaining my payment plan for their perusal as I said, I can only afford small payments weekly till the debt is cleared. In turn they said they would speak to the solicitors and freeze the interest but they have still not got back to me with confirmation of agreement, 3 days after my email.
    what are my rights here, besides the fact I need to pay them, must they accept my payment terms? As I've emailed them with my terms, must I wait till they respond? Can they disagree? Any advice would be appreciable
    Tags: None

Hi SILVERSUN

The company are entitled to the return of the over-payment. You want to pay it back, but you can only pay it back spread over weekly payments, that should be fine to do. It's not a priority debt. If they say they want 'X' amount and it isn't affordable to you. Fill in a suitable Income and Expenditure form send it with a covering letter (link below).

Get Proof of Postage or email it.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...itor---letter/

Comment

No they dont have to agree your payment terms you need to negotiate terms, it's a two way street they have the same rights as you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X