• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Chased for an old debt I am sure I paid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chased for an old debt I am sure I paid

So this morning I got a letter from hoist finance saying I owe over £300 from an old credit card debt of £1200 which I am sure that I paid off a long time ago
    I made regular payments for this from 2009 up until 2016 via direct debit which then stopped.
    I have not heard anything from them until today 9/9/2021 and it has taken me by surprise as I have not heard anything from them since 2016 at least.
    I remember coming to an agreement to pay 800 something instead 0f the 1200 that I owed but I cannot remember who that was with and due to it being so long ago I don't have any paperwork at all.

Its this a scam and what can I do about it ?
    I am already suffering from anxiety and depression and this letter has knocked me for six, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

I have had the same phone number, bank account and lived at the same house for over twenty years, I just don't understand if I did still owe this money, why they left it five years before contacting me again or why the direct debit was cancelled.

Comment

Hi RAYVONUK

Send your bank and Hoist Finance a SAR, within 30 days they will send you all the data on your account over the last 6 years. Once you get that information you will be able to establish what is what and respond accordingly.

Tell Hoist that you are seeking more information from them

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Thank you very much, I will send them one straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by rayvonuk View Post
          Thank you very much, I will send them one straight away.
          Keep the thread updated.

Comment

Just an update.
            I did as you said and the information I got from Capital one said that the account was settled.
            Armed with my paperwork I waited for the collections place to call me back and it never happened.
            I suspect it was just someone trying their luck.
            hopefully I wont hear from them again.

Comment

That's good, update if you hear from them again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X