• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is uae debt enforceable in the uk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is uae debt enforceable in the uk?

Hi all,

I was living in Dubai and lost my job due to Covid-19 redundancies. I had a loan and a credit card which I’d been paying off until I no longer could. I arranged with the bank for a deferment for a few months as they were fully aware of my circumstances however they refused after a few months. I was unsuccessful in finding a new job therefore missed payments and subsequently had to leave the country without paying it.

I transferred power of attorney of my finances to an emirati who said they could basically claim bankruptcy for me for a fee which I agreed to do and paid them the fee.

The debt is still there and I’ve now been contacted by idrww saying they’ve been told by the uae bank to contact me.

I’m still not financially in a position to pay the debt back (it was around £10k) and wondered if they can take it further here in the UK?

I’ve heard of people for years leaving the UAE with debt and nothing being done if they keep ignoring the emails etc but I’m worried now they’ve contacted a UK debt collector.

Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
    Tags: None

Make sure you pay it back or they will chase you to the end, maybe it will be considered bad debt, but they will use anything to ask you for a mortgage. smash karts

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...ed-in-uk-court (links t

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X