• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wescot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wescot

Hello everyone and thanks for your help in advance.

so here goes, I had overdraft from HSBC and Barclay credit card, both of these were defaulted in mid 2018. In 2019 I was contacted by Wescot and set up small affordable payments towards these accounts, £15 a month each.
    I’m planning on applying for a mortgage in 2-3 years, so would like to go back to paying my original creditors, so when I apply for mortgage, lenders not gonna see payments to Debt agency on my statements.

How do I go about this please?
    Tags: None

It doesn’t work like that, the default from the original creditors will remain until the account is paid in full. I doubt the debt collection agency are even entering your token payments on your credit file. If you need to apply for a mortgage you need to pay the debts in full.

Comment

Hiya, thanks for your help. I believe default will disappear from my credit file after 6 years, am I wrong?
      I check my credit report and yes my balance is decreasing by the amount I’m paying them every month.

Comment

No it wont disappear from your credit file after 6 years. The statute of limitations (statute barred) only works if no payments are made.

As you have made payments the clock resets everytime a payment is made.
        Last edited by EnglandPi; 21st March 2021, 14:41:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

No, it will disappear from your credit file, though not statute barred

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            Please explain your reasoning.

Comment

agree with ostell
              https://debtcamel.co.uk/credit-recor...n't%20maki

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                Correct

Comment

Originally posted by EnglandPi View Post
                  No it wont disappear from your credit file after 6 years. The statute of limitations (statute barred) only works if no payments are made.

As you have made payments the clock resets everytime a payment is made.
                  It will disappear from your credit file PROVIDED it has been defaulted - if it is only marked down as an arrangement to pay it will stay there for a lot longer.

I am also afraid that a default or two on your credit file may make getting a mortgage more difficult or more expensive.

Comment

Thanks all, for the education.

Comment

Thanks for your help. Yes it is marked as defaulted, I will wait with mortgage application after it leaves my credit report, 6 years after default.

my question is, how can I start paying my original creditors instead of Wescot please?

Comment

I doubt that you can, other than by settling the debt in full, either they issued default and sold the debt or Wescot are their preferred method of managing.

Comment

if you have access to originator site go to make payment, I do and have done for years and the likes of debt collectors have extra records to keep as these originators pass it on more work for their system, i did not know this happened until a couple months ago told them no payment direct to them only existing method - thats ok they stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen74 View Post
                            I doubt that you can, other than by settling the debt in full, either they issued default and sold the debt or Wescot are their preferred method of managing.
                            They will not have sold the debt to weskit because weskit are a debt collection agency and not a debt purchaser .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X