• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What is the date of a default for the purpose of a CCJ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the date of a default for the purpose of a CCJ?

Is it the date when you first missed payments i.e. you break the terms of the credit agreement, or is it when the missed payments were registered as a default months later?
    Tags: None

Not sure your question makes sense.

A CCJ is something entirely different to a default being recorded on your credit file - I assume that's what you are talking about otherwise you need to elaborate.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Ive been sent a claim form from the county court business centre for a debt from 2015. If a default is counted from the time first payment was missed then its over 6 years and the debt is statue barred and i will inform the court. But if its counted from when the default was actually registered as a default then the claim is just within 6 years and i will deal with it.

Comment

acknowledge claim and tick dispute all might help more details dates etc

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          acknowledge claim and tick dispute all might help more details dates etc
          It is a catlalog debt.

Sept 2014 I noticed additional fees on the account going back at least 12 months for Debt Collection Letter Fees and Insufficient Minimum Payment Fee. I queried it and demanded that all the fees be refunded as they had made an error. I received an automated acknowledgment then 10 days later I got an acknowledgment of my query from a customer manager but no action.

Oct 2014 there was still no action from them and no refund so I told them the refund they owe me will cover the now due payment and that I had set up a direct debit starting the following month to pay off the remaining balance at an amount I could afford but which was less than the minimum payment required. I received an automated acknowledgment.

Nov 2014 I contacted them again because no refund and no response to my previous email. I received an automated acknowledgment. the first direct debit was paid.

Dec 2014 I contacted them yet again because no refund and no response to my previous email. Told them if they cant be bothered dealing with this then I cant be bothered emailing them again. I received an automated acknowledgment. The second direct debit was paid.

Jan 2015 I lost my job. The third direct debit was paid.

Feb 2015 I informed them I lost my job and that the payments would have to be further reduced. I told them they were not authorised to add any charges or interest to the account. I received an automated acknowledgment.

April 2015 I contacted them again because no refund and no response to my previous email. I received an automated acknowledgment. That was my last contact with them and last direct debit payment cause I ran out of money and wouldnt claim benefits.

Shortly after I lost my flat, ended up sleeping on people couches, had no permanent address for at least 2 years, decided to sign on so i didnt have to rely so much on other people. It took me almost 3 years to get somewhat back on my feet by which time id forgot about this debt. From what I can gather from the court letter, the catalog company didnt inform the debt agency that there was an unresolved dispute on my account, didnt inform them that the terms of the agreement were breached in 2014, and didnt inform them that they were not authorised to add any charges or interest to the account.. As far as the debt company is aware, the terms were only breached in 2015 and the account handed over to them later that year.

My circumstances at moment are that if I have to pay the debt, which now has additional fees and interest, it would be very little over a long period of time as Im on minimum wage and minimum hours, which just about covers my rent and bills.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X