• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell's (Vodafone) CCJ Set Aside Guidance Advice Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell's (Vodafone) CCJ Set Aside Guidance Advice Request

Hi,

Hoping someone can offer some guidance as I am reading conflicting and confusing info. I have recently checked my credit file further to a period of time where I was not best placed to resolve these kind of issues.

Essentially, I am hoping to work with Lowell's to get a consent order to set aside a CCJ that was registered on my credit account in 2018. I contacted the court this morning and they have informed me that this relates to a Vodafone account. I cannot really remember the in's and out's of this account but it is clear that I have at one stage owed them £250 and the CCJ is for the amount of £367......not a huge amount and something that I could easily settle now if it would solve the issue.

The debt shows a start date of 17 September 2009 on my credit report and a default date of feb 2015, at this start time, my father had a long term illness and passed away, I also had a falling out with my mother and moved out of my registered address, this is still showing as my registered address on my credit record, although I have another address showing on the account too, earliest confirmation 01 Jul 2005 - last confirmed - 08 Nov 2011.

Essentially I sofa surfed/stayed in friends spare rooms but never registered a new address........Primarily as I did not wish to bring bailiffs to be people's doors. I am now in a much more positive position and willing to face my debts and have settled a number of defaults recently.

I would really like to get this CCJ set aside. I contacted Lowell's this AM to see if I could open conversation around arranging a consent order as I settled another debt. they informed me that the account had been closed and was not profitable to be chased. They did not have any understanding of a consent order, this was after being passed to the litigation team. They offered to re-open the account so that I could make payment but I was conscious of committing to this as it would have removed their incentive to work with me in resolving he issue with the CCJ.

Is there any advice that you offer that would enable me to get this set aside? I certainly never saw the papers involved, I suspect I was a different address. I would be happy to settle the outstanding amount if this would assist in removing the CCJ.

In short, I understand I may not have a leg to stand on, but if you do have some insight that could help outline the process I would be supremely grateful.

Many Thanks

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X