• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court judgement

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • County Court judgement

    I have a county Court Judgement against someone that i lent money to for the funeral of her father, she owes 4,700
    She was meant to pay 10 per month back and as of yet, 2 years later, she has paid nothing.
    I paid for a high court inforcement officer to attend her house, having already spent 2,000 legal fees and the officer stated that she had nothing of value to take, and she does not have a job.
    Today i received a message from the the person asking for my bank details as she was going to pay some money to me.
    Low and behold she paid 50p into my account and entitled it "debt paid"
    Does anybody know if there is anything that i can do now to reclaim any money, or is this as far as i can take it?
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Please can somebody explain how I apply for an order of questoning ( An N39) Thank you


    • #3
      You are finding out that just because you have Judgment is no guarantee you will ever get paid what is owed. A lot depends on how much more you want to pay out chasing this. I suspect this will be someone who has no intention of either paying or getting a job. Yes you could apply for an Order for Questioning but it does sound as if you will not be much further forward except it has cost you another 100. If you do want to do it then just fill the Form in and submit it.

      Personally I would wait another 3.5 years or so and find out whether they think you have abandoned the case and started a new life. As it is within the 6 years you could then try another HCEO.


      • #4
        Thank you so much Ploddertom, I can wait.


        • #5
          Just keep tabs on them. CCJ's are never Statute Barred so you can ask for the money at any time. There are time limits for enforcement though but sometimes you can still ask the Court to allow it - mainly if someone has gone abroad and then returned or if you can show they have had an upturn in their fortunes.


          View our Terms and Conditions

          LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

          If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

          If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.



          Court Claim ?

          Guides and Letters

          Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

          Find a Law Firm