• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default dates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default dates

Hi and hello.
    I am hoping someone can give me some advice regarding default dates.
    long story short I had a breakdown In 2013 and ended up moving away for sometime. I have got myself back together and have been look back at my credit report in view of getting a mortgage.
    The last payments made by me would have been in may 2013 and so would have thought default date would have been registered by Nov 2013 at the latest, but a couple including Barclaycard have the default date as feb2014 9 months after last payment would have been made.
    My question is should this default date of been registered earlier and what chance would I have in making them change it?
    Tags: None

I should have said in the time I went away I also walked away from various debts that I had accrued

Comment

Feb 2014 defaults will fall off your credit file for March 2020 - which isn't all that far off. I don't know if you have been making any payments or acknowledged any of the debts since you ceased paying, but if not you are coming up to them being statute barred and I really wouldn't be making any noise at all about them lest they decide to come after you for payment potentially obtaining a CCJ against you ( which would entirely scupper your chances of a mortgage ).
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi
        And thanks for taking the time to offer some advice. The last payment I made towards any debts I owed was in may 2013. wouldn't this be the start date for the statute barred ? Or at worst and the cause of action date was 6 missed payments it would have been nov 2013
        I am on the electoral and have opened accounts in my name and new address and which in by doing so I have received letters from dca asking me to contact them to set up a repayment plan but have just ignored them. If they believed the debt to still be enforceable I am sure I would have received a letter for a ccj hearing by now and so am not worried that could be an option for them?
        I just dounderstand the default given from Barclaycard as it is 9 months after first misses payment rather than 3 or 6 which would have been inline with the cause of action date

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X