• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30% ( only because they likely bought it for 10% and I've managed to settle a few of my old debts for 30% over the last few years ) so what's that? £2.2k ish... still a hefty sum to find.... waiting for statute barred is an option of course, you were paying your token payments through the defunct DMP until end of 2016 ? were there further token payments made after then? if not then it's 2022 before it's SB.... and theres a risk that the complaint over the default MIGHT be deemed as acknowledgment of the debt. You could wait and see if Link do get back in touch, put some funds aside in the meantime if possible so that you might be able to negotiate a f&f settlement if it looks like they are getting their act together.It is one of those decisions that never has a right answer as you don't know until it happens, and if you pay it off at a discount now you will never know whether they would have come back later.

That's the most unhelpful post in the history of the universe anyway
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amethyst
      like you say Link prob only paid Barclaycard 10% for the debt. The debt was over £9000 when link acquired it and I have since paid £2000 off of it. As they can’t comply with my cca request I might just chuck them a cheeky 10% offer.

Comment

No harm trying, just mark offer 'Without Prejudice' ( as an offer it wouldn't be admissible anyway but best to put it so your intention is clear )
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi all looking for some more advice.

link have started to harass me regarding this debt again.
          over the last few weeks I have had four letters 2 text messages and several emails plus the usual phone calls none of which I have answered.
          can I send them a message of complaint and inform them I will take action if they continue to harass me. If I did would this start the clock ticking again. If it is ok to send them a message what wording should I use.

Fortunately I am in a position at this present time to pay this debt off £7250 but obviously would like to pay as little as possible. If I made an offer would this also start the clock ticking again.

I think this debt goes statue barred some time in November

thank you for all your help so far

Comment

I have spoken with national debt line and they said if I contact link by phone to make a full and final settlement offer this would not start the clock ticking again as to statute barring. Is this correct

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X