• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Despair with Amazon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despair with Amazon

Okay, I'll try and write this post to be as clear as possible!!!
    Back in May when the weather was actually warm I invested in an Air Conditioner from Amazon - I paid for it using my Monzo bank card and it was despatched but some how Amazon manage to lose the parcel.
    I spoke to Customer services who instantly refunded the money paid to a gift card so I could purchase a second one - which I duly did.
    The second air conditioner got dispatched but in the meantime out of nowhere the first delivery arrived - at the time I didn't realise that the first delivery wasn't the second delivery. so I took it in and unpacked it and began using it.
    So the second Air conditioner arrives a few days later and I refused delivery and DPD sent it back.

Amazon refunded the second air conditioner to a gift card as this was the method it was paid with.
    Now i've got the first one at home, the second has been returned and they've put a refund for the second one onto a gift card balance.

Amazon then e-mailed me saying that because I've not returned the first item they want to charge my card for it - because of the fiasco I've now got a gift card balance which is the same value as for the air conditioner which technically I shouldn't have.

I spoke to customer services and I have the transcript for this and asked them to "pay" for the first Air conditioner using the gift card balance - and there is now a debit on my Amazon account using the gift card which says payment towards the first order number and I believed at this point the matter to have been resolved.

I'll try and make this a bit easier mathmatically now (because it's confusing enough) effectively, There are two air conditioners and I've paid three times - Once on the original payment method and twice on gift card balances. So as far as I am concerned it's paid for.

However, since then as I've not returned the first air conditioner (why would I as i've paid for it!!) Amazon have attempted to take the money from my bank card every 5 days at 11:07am - It shows on Monzo as a declined transaction due to lack of funds.
    This has happened 5 times now since July 22nd - and I've spent hours on the phone and live chat explaining that even their transaction history says I've paid for this air conditioner....

So far they've tried to tell me that it was refunded back to my card and they would provide some transaction reference number for me to take to my bank. They (unsurprisingly) were unable to provide this and Monzo confirmed to me that no refund has ever taken place.

I've been told twice now and have it in an e-mail that they will not retro charge me again - they've tried charging me twice since that e-mail.
    Last time I was told it was being escalated to their payments team and of course I've heard nothing.

I am now at my wits end. I can't use my Monzo account now because I'm frightened Amazon will try and take £267 out of my account if I do - and I don't owe them anything but I can't make them understand.
    I've thought this issue was well and truly resolved on my first attempt but it hasn't.

So even though I'm disputing this with them they are still trying to take money from me - is this harassment?

Any advice on what to do would be fantastic.
    I don't see any point in contacting Amazons customer service team as the result is always the same...they say they'll help but in reality I'm just wasting my time and in 5 days time they'll try and take the money again.

I've got e-mails and transcripts from trying to resolve this.
    Thanks in advance,

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X