• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What are the Pros and Cons of Debt Relief Order?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the Pros and Cons of Debt Relief Order?

What is a suitable situation to take the Debt Relief Order? Are there any limitations on the debts?

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...relief-orders/

You may be able to get a DRO if all of the following things apply to you:
    • you're unable to pay your debts
    • your debts are worth up to £20,000
    • you’ve got £50 or less left over each month after you’ve paid your usual household expenses
    • you don’t own your home
    • other savings or things of value you own, called assets, are worth less than £1,000 (some assets are ignored when working out the value)
    • you don’t own a car worth £1000 or more, unless it’s one that’s been specially adapted because you have a disability
    • it's been at least 6 years since your previous DRO was made and you aren’t going through another formal insolvency procedure, such as bankruptcy or an individual voluntary arrangement (IVA)
    • you've lived, had a property, or worked in England or Wales in the last three years.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for your reply, can you please tell me which one is the best option DRO or IVA?

Comment

It depends totally on your circumstances and we're unable to advise as we're not regulated debt advisors. Your best bet is to get an appointment with Citizens Advice and go in for a face to face meeting with an advisor, take all your paperwork so they can advise what option suits your circumstances xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you for your advice but one of my friends suggested to me that it's better to apply for IVA than DRO. As my debts are around £30,000 which I would like to repay without facing any difficulties to my financial needs.

Comment

Hey can any one tell me which is better to go IVA or DRO? as I'm having £30k of debt.

Comment

The limit for a debt relief order is £20k.

Debts that can’t go in a DRO are:
              • magistrates court fines and confiscation orders - these are fines relating to criminal activity
              • child support and maintenance
              • student loans
              • social fund loans
              • compensation for death and injury.

These debts don't count towards the limit.

It depends totally on your circumstances and we're unable to advise as we're not regulated debt advisors. Your best bet is to get an appointment with Citizens Advice and go in for a face to face meeting with an advisor, take all your paperwork so they can advise what option suits your circumstances xx
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you for your advice, I will definitely follow your suggestions

Comment

What are your debts for?

Comment

The main pros of debt relief order are creditors can't take any action without your permission and the main cons are you always have to remember about to pay DRO. And there are other criteria too about your monthly income.* Once your DRO has done then you no need to go for a court.*
                    The DRO or Debt Relief Order is one of the safest ways that help you to deal with your debts when you owe less amount of money.

Comment

Or get all of your debts and appeal them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X