• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Contracts and debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contracts and debt

I signed up for a gym membership for 12 months u then started a new job and explained to the gym the hours of opening conflict with my shifts and would only be able to attend one day a week which isnt worth the monthly fee. They advised me to freeze the contract for 3 months and when my training in work was over to return. My shifts stayed the same and now I've been told I had to pay 2 months and a fee. I only was using the gym for 1 month!!! I've let it slide as I've got busy routine and now I've had en email off their direct debit collections I need to pay £120 today or £435 by 1st August or this will be passed to a debt collection agency and fees will be added. I just haven't got the money to pay that in bulk at the moment and concerned as it will raise to 400 if I dont.
    I went to the gym for 1 month and this is resulting in this huge amount. Any advice?
    Tags: None

Your contract is for 12 months and you are probably lucky they aren't claiming the full twelve months.

How much were you paying per month ? £120 ?

Do you have a copy of the contract ? Does it have terms relating to cancellation due to change of employment ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

check with your contract copy & also refer terms & conditions of that gym & can you confirm how much fee you have paid to the gym?

Comment

If you signed up for 12 months check get out clauses on contract t and c's otherwise liable for 12 months

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X