• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group and Capital One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA Group and Capital One

Wonder if someone could help me.
    I have had a letter from the PRA Group saying that my Capital One credit card debt have been sold to them and my repayment plan of £1.00 will continue but this payments need to be sent to them. This £1.00 is a token payment.
    This repayment plan have been in place sine 2015.
    They have sold this debt to PRA Group without any sort of paperwork and I was wondering if I should stop the payment plan and start requesting A CCA and send them a SAR, or should I just continue with this token payment .
    Just wondering
    Tags: None

It depends, I would carry on with the token payment for now, while things are on a level and you aren't being hassled / threatened with court. Send a CCA request to PRA see if they have the agreement. CCA Request

Not much point doing a SAR as they haven't had the account for long, however if you do want the background documents ( potentially to help defend later court action or look into whether you might have any other defence ) then send a SAR to Capital One. Subject Access Request Letter

Any PPI on the Cap One account?
    Are your circumstances pretty much the same as when you set up the £1 payment arrangement?
    Have you been paying the £1 to Capital One since you set it up - no other debt companies in between times?
    Was the £1 set up after you defaulted on the account or did you make an arrangement while the account was still live ?
    Anything showing on your credit file ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No PPI on the Cap One account
      Same circumstances as when I set up arrangement
      paying £1.00 direct to Cap One
      No other debt companies involved
      £1.00 set up after default
      Capital One Default on file since 2015
      Had a warning a account will be removed next month, this account is Cap One. Next month Cap One account will come off
      Not to sure what PRA Group will do, will they put the default up in there name with the original date or put a new date like June 2019.
      Will be watching and if do I will complain or what would you suggest?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X